Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D printer on TinyDeal

Posted by Mate 
3D printer on TinyDeal
July 17, 2014 11:02AM
Hi everyone,

First, sorry for my bad english, I'm French winking smiley

I would like to begin the extroardinary adventure of the 3D printing, and the RepRap philosophy is fine for me but i have not a lot of money and want to begin with a cheap printer.
I found this one on TinyDeal : [www.tinydeal.com]

What do you think about it?
It's a really RepRap printer ? (I don't find a printer called "aurora" on RepRap site) or something like "RepRap-like" printer?

I think that it's good to begin, and it seems very cheap for the features (use of ABS and PLA, hotbed, good printing size,...), but i prefer to have the advice of persons who have more knowledge on the subject (YOU ! winking smiley )

Thanks in advance,

Mate
Re: 3D printer on TinyDeal
July 17, 2014 02:19PM
To me that looks like an excellent deal especially with free shipping. It is very similar to the popular Prusa i3. The user manual and video do not match the printer shown. If what you actually get is what is shown and not what is in the user manual then good! Pay with Paypal so that you have recourse if what you get isn't what they show. Caveat Emptor. Good luck - let us know how it goes as, if it works well, it looks like the best deal so far for those on a tight budget.
July 17, 2014 02:31PM
Eurgh look at the picture showing the connections to the melzi board and those twisted connectors.

Ben
July 18, 2014 02:37AM
I am rather suspicious of the feedback...

July 18, 2014 03:50AM
8 reviews in 4 days a month ago then none after that is obvious bs, agreed.
July 18, 2014 05:09AM
Mate
It's a really RepRap printer ? (I don't find a printer called "aurora" on RepRap site) or something like "RepRap-like" printer?

It looks much like a re-branded Prusa i3. Thats commonly seen practice: copy the design, slap an new name on it and sell it as a unique design.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 18, 2014 01:19PM
Ok well i wouldnt go 200 on the z the m5 isnt correct dont get it look ebay por a prusa i3 kits therss cheaper ones on there

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
July 18, 2014 01:29PM
Took a closer look and they takin the piss arent they theres no difference apart from lead screws which they have got wrong size its not a aurora its a plexi glass makerfarm versiont is in pound sterling but if you download the manual theres a contact address at the bottom which is in china and to get plexi glass cut apart from another maker or they own the own machine, because when i just got my single aluminium single frame cut by a local company aluminium was cheaper then the quote for plexi glass. Plus take in account the one youve shown would have more to cut so more cost

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2014 01:32PM by chris33.

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
July 19, 2014 01:39AM
The lead screw looks like M8 to me??
July 19, 2014 09:17AM
waitaki
I am rather suspicious of the feedback...

Yeah, real reviewers, as far as I've seen, don't use phrases like "just as described" or "100% corresponds." Sure, maybe one or two, here and there. Not all reviews though.
It is quite dirt cheap, that by itself makes me suspicious of anything dealing with 3D printers. Simply based on what I've seen, not what I've experienced [I do my research and don't go with the cheapest options, so I've avoided the common problems], don't buy it. Too many questions in the air.
A perfect example of a printer you should buy is the Ultimaker, either of them. Well documented, clean site, known everywhere. There are a few suppliers the browse the forums here, helping every once in a while, haven't heard anything bad about them. DIYTechShop is one example. Not near as cheap, but he's reliable as far as I can tell.

Just my two cents, take it with a grain of salt, as much as I want you to live by it.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login