Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin or me?

Posted by Waltermixx 
Marlin or me?
September 23, 2014 09:19AM
Just a couple of questions as I am pretty new to Marlin and RepRap in general.

I noticed that when i pause a print job it just pauses right on the thing it's printing causing a mark on the print...
how do I make it pause and raise the z say 10mm above the print? is it possible to have it remember to do that all the time?

also when a print is done, how do I get it to move back to home, however keep the z 10 mm above the plate... smiling smiley

is this a gcode thing? or a marlin thing... smiling smiley

I guess i should mention that i am using an lcd screen to do the pausing ... smiling smiley

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 09:34AM by Waltermixx.
Re: Marlin or me?
September 23, 2014 10:33AM
Waltermixx

also when a print is done, how do I get it to move back to home, however keep the z 10 mm above the plate... smiling smiley

is this a gcode thing? or a marlin thing... smiling smiley

I guess i should mention that i am using an lcd screen to do the pausing ... smiling smiley

smiling smiley

Not sure about the pausing, but to control the printer once the print is finished you can put custom g-code in your slicer before you generate the gcode.
In slic3r under the "printer settings" tab, then "Custom G-code"
I have added an "M140 S0" (turn off heated bed) to my slic3r settings.

In Cura there is a "Start/End-GCode" tab

Steve
Re: Marlin or me?
September 23, 2014 11:08AM
It's time to break out the G-Code manual smiling smiley [reprap.org]

I was wondering what the custom Gcode thing was all about.. and figure I would get there sooner or later...
I guess it's sooner smiling smiley

Thanks Steve, definately time to do some readying for sure now that the mechanical and electrical work is done...
smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 11:16AM by Waltermixx.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login