Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Servo is causing connection faliure

Posted by parksie 
Servo is causing connection faliure
December 22, 2014 04:04PM
I am attempting to setup a servo for auto bed leveling and I am running into a few issues.

When I run a M280 P1 S10 to move the servo, it moves and then the connection to the RAMPS 1.4 board fails. Any ideas?

SENDING:M280 P1 S60
[ERROR] Can't read from printer (disconnected?) (OS Error 6): Device not configured
[ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): write failed: [Errno 6] Device not configured
Re: Servo is causing connection faliure
December 22, 2014 05:13PM
Not enough power from the RAMPS board to run the servo. You'll need to power the servo separately.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
December 22, 2014 06:27PM
3dkarma
Not enough power from the RAMPS board to run the servo. You'll need to power the servo separately.

Ah ok. That makes sense. Others don't seem to have the same problem. Is there something I can do to increase power to RAMPS 1.4 board? Or would a different servo have lower power requirements?
December 22, 2014 07:12PM
Thanks for your help 3D Karma. I have the stepper running from an external source now and removed the servo power jumper. All working fine.
December 22, 2014 08:45PM
Now, I when I hit G29, I just another G28 Home. Rather than multiple points. Using the latest Marlin firmware. With Auto leveling enabled. Any suggestions?
December 23, 2014 02:14AM
Make sure your servo is wired properly. There is a difference between JR, Futaba, and Airtronics wired servo's. Also you never mentioned which servo you are using.
December 23, 2014 02:43AM
jrcaster
Make sure your servo is wired properly. There is a difference between JR, Futaba, and Airtronics wired servo's. Also you never mentioned which servo you are using.

If it wasn't wired correctly. Then M402 wouldn't retract it right?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login