Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slicer Mattercontrol - experiences?

Posted by vw-styler 
Slicer Mattercontrol - experiences?
December 11, 2014 03:29AM
Hi, you greetings from Germany.

Mattercontrol've even looked at. Makes a very good impression.
Who of you uses Matter Control already erwas longer and can for this prog. Times their feedback.

Until later Didi

Aktuell:
Selfmade-Drucker mit Wasserkühlung u. Carbon-Wechselplatte,
Selfmade-Drucker ( Nr. 7 in Arbeit . . . ), CAD Creo 3.0/4.0 , Mac, Cura, Prusa Slicer . . .
Re: Slicer Mattercontrol - experiences?
December 11, 2014 10:41AM
Hey, not the best review maybe, but I do not like the program at all. However, I am using a Mac, and it seems like they just ported something to Mac? Can anyone verify this?

I gave up on using this program as the interface was hard for me to work with. This is a personal problem, and very subjective!

There is currently an update available, I haven't tried that, but I am so happy with Cura right now that I am not willing to put more effort in learning to use MatterControl yet. When I am exiting the program on mac, the universal key combination is Apple Key + Q, however, the kind of interface Mattercontrol uses doesn't allow this way of shutting down the software to my great annoyance.

I can not say if it works well or not, but since it's opensource I will just advice you to try it out. The program does have all the functions you would want, and a nice library function built in.

Here in the Wiki there is some good info:
[reprap.org]

I'm currently thinking of trying out Simplify3D, there's so much positive reviews about it. But still, I'm happy with Cura too. It's difficult to make the right decision. Or to say the right thing.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
December 11, 2014 11:53AM
Hi Ohmarinus,

Thank you for your contribution, let's see what others tell yet.

Didi

Aktuell:
Selfmade-Drucker ( Nr. 7 in Arbeit . . . ), CAD Creo 3.0/4.0 , Mac, Cura, Prusa Slicer . . .
December 11, 2014 12:36PM
I personally like the interface. I find it very easy to manage and find all the settings I need. I also use cura and have setup Mattercontrol with similar settings. I have not yet done any prints to fully test, but so far I like it. I am waiting for a new servo for my auto leveling arm, and when that comes in I'll do a few prints with it. The price you pay for cheap, plastic servos. I really like the library feature as well. I hope though that they will implement a folder system into the library so you can better categorize files as well.
December 11, 2014 01:46PM
Hi Joe2014,

as shown by the way in print, disorganized or confusing mess.
There is the most amazing results.

Greeting Didi

Aktuell:
December 14, 2014 08:21PM
Pros:
I like how the slicing works, quick and GUI is nice.
When it transitions from the home position to starting the print it moves towards the build plantform while moving forward; cleaning off any plastic before starting.
I always get faster prints than with Slic3r
Manage the speed transitions, printhead moves smoothly.
Support structures are great, there is an option to support not from bottom of print; which really saves time and plastic.

So My Cons are:
Print Time Estimate is off by about 25%, So I just add 25% to tht total time to get a good estimate of the print.

Saving settings, you have to pick each item one at a time and save. I think if that was changed to saving all the settings to profile without having to individually select them would be nice.

Cooling is not really develped too well yet, it seems to pause the print allot if you turn it on, so right now I just have it turned off and works fine. Think it is a bug, because from the description of cooling it should just slow it down to a minimum speed setting, but it stops printing for a few seconds and starts printing intermittantly. I thought there was a major problem, but after turning it off all that weird stopping went away.
December 15, 2014 02:49PM
Hi guys,

all the cares, it works with Win XP (with Win7 not).

It is good. thumbs up - Matter Control with Matterslice performed not with Cura-energy and even with Slic3r..
The print-time information are ok.
Once the second test printer with a SD card slot is ready for operation, the operation is also tested.

Who has experience with Mattercontrol and Matter-slice?

Greetings from Germany - Didi

Aktuell:
December 21, 2014 01:01AM
I use MatterControl. I like the interface better than Cura or Pronterface, but again that's just a personal thing. I find that you can't print anywhere else on the bed other than center, even if you move the model around. I like varying my print locations because I find I get better adhesion on a fresh coat of hairspray vs. one that has been printed on multiple times. I'm sure they'll fix that soon though, and it isn't enough to make me switch.
December 21, 2014 09:33AM
I can help with the centering issue, there is an Section in the slicer settings called output options called "Center on Bed". Just deselect that and then on the view screen you can move the part anywhere you want it and save.
December 24, 2014 02:59PM
Awesome! That has been bugging me...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login