Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa Mendel i2 Y axis half print problem

Posted by skea 
Prusa Mendel i2 Y axis half print problem
December 28, 2014 03:11PM
My prusa mendel i2 printer prints exactly half of the y axis only. Printing a pawn prints only 180 degrees of the circumference for the entire z axis. This is typical of other parts I print also. Any help would be appreciated. I am using the sprinter firmware which likely needs some edits. Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2014 06:06PM by skea.
Re: Prusa Mendel i2 Y axis problem
December 28, 2014 03:52PM
Here is a picture of the incomplete part showing half of the y axis printed for the pawn piece.
Attachments:
open | download - Incomplete Pawn_y axis issue.jpg (432.2 KB)
Re: Prusa Mendel i2 Y axis half print problem
December 28, 2014 10:22PM
That is a strange problem. First thought is that the bed size is set wrong in slicer or firmware but that would be odd. Does it print half a skirt as well? if it prints the whole skirt then I would guess it's the model or slicer you are using. (I.E. Software related). Or does it seem to print on only half of the bed? if you moved or duplicated the model to be further towards the good side would it print it OK then?
December 29, 2014 09:51PM
Thanks for the reply. It prints half the skirt also even though the 3d visual display in my repetier host program shows a full skirt and part being displayed. I will try moving the start position to see what happens.
December 29, 2014 10:13PM
When I change my printer settings for object placement in repetier host it does not change the actual print object placement accordingly so this may be leading to the issue at hand I suspect. Could my firmware toggles be set wrong, not sure?
December 29, 2014 10:16PM
In Sprinter, your bed size should look something like this...

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------
//Max Length for Prusa Mendel, check the ways of your axis and set this Values
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------
const int X_MAX_LENGTH = 200;
const int Y_MAX_LENGTH = 200;
const int Z_MAX_LENGTH = 100;

In Slicr3, (if that's what you use) you should set the values similar to the attached jpeg.

December 29, 2014 11:31PM
Thanks for the info. I checked the slicer settings and they match the ones you posted.
December 29, 2014 11:34PM
The bed size matches yours also in my host program, but I should check my original firmware for issues I expect.
Re: Prusa Mendel i2 Y axis half print problem/ Problem fixed
January 04, 2015 06:47PM
I found a way to fix the problem with half y axis prints. Using Repetier host I went to printer settings/ printer shape/ bed front and put in values to shift the bed artificially. I believe this is compensating for a firmware data input error I entered for y when I initially loaded the firmware to the chip. Anyway whatever gets the job done I guess. Thanks everyone all for all the help I have received here as it steered me in the right direction. Happy printing.
Re: Prusa Mendel i2 Y axis half print problem/ Problem fixed
January 04, 2015 09:23PM
what was the starting point in your slic3r config? It could have been set to a point too high that the firmware thought it was at the edge and only printed half.
Glad you were able to get going, just wondering what the cause was.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login