Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ReprapDiscount smart LCD not working

Posted by tanner331 
ReprapDiscount smart LCD not working
January 26, 2015 12:37PM
Hi
I have a ReprapDiscount smart LCD for my Rostock 3d printer. I had it working perfectly for about 3 prints, then when I went to power on the printer for the next print the LCD screen backlight came on but nothing else shows up. I am not sure what to do to fix this issue or even troubleshoot the LCD screen. I tried sending an email to ReprapDiscount over a week ago and they have never gotten back with me. I was wondering if there are any recomendations of things I can try to troubleshoot on the LCD controller?
Thanks
Tanner
Re: ReprapDiscount smart LCD not working
January 26, 2015 05:12PM
What firmware are you using? Marlin has a setting in the config.h where you can set the LCD type, which is disabled by default.

Edit: ah, I see that you had it working, the it stopped. in which case, double check connectors. If there was any kind of ESD, it may have damaged the LCD, LCD controller or the RAMPS board or arduino.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2015 05:13PM by SupraGuy.
Re: ReprapDiscount smart LCD not working
January 26, 2015 05:22PM
The connections look fine and I can use the printer fine without the LCD screen by just running the printer off of my computer.
How would I know if the LCD or the smart controller is damaged and is there a way to fit it?
Thanks
Tanner
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login