Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Deltaprintr woes

Posted by MakerFront 
Deltaprintr woes
February 02, 2015 06:45PM
So, I'm building a Deltaprintr for a friend, she picked it up on the Kickstarter campaign.

First, I have some issues, then I have some questions:

Issues:
Manual is incomplete, online build video is okay, but there is nothing on configuring the machine once it's built.
SD card that comes with the unit is junk, causes all sorts of read problems and lag.
Pre-configured auto level routine gouges the bed on mine, can't adjust it.
Cannot connect to PC with USB cable (correct driver, but windows doesn't detect it correctly, will try a mac next)
From what I read and am told, you can only print from SD due to the processing power being eaten up by the LCD interface.
Maximum print speed 30mm/second, if you go faster, it lags and pauses.

Questions:
Does anyone else have one of these? I've been trying to get answers from their tech team, but they try to keep pointing me back to user errors. I've built at least a dozen machines and this is the only one from a manufacturer that's had a design flaw in the firmware (no way to adjust auto level height)

The major issue I'm having is that upon executing the G29 auto level command, the end effector is lowered down close to the bed and when the rear carriage is lowered to push the end effector forward to measure the first point, the hot end contacts the bed and scratches it. All I'm looking for is a way to tell it to start the auto level routine 1 or 2 mm higher than where it is starting now. When you put the build plate on, it is secured using 3 FSR pads with double sided tape on them, I don't think they factored in the thickness of the double sided tape (about 1mm) in the auto level routine. I have tried bending the tabs on the e-stop switches and that doesn't help either.

The other issue is that the firmware is not being released for the unit, it's like they're trying to make it closed source or something.

Any help would be appreciated!

Making it better for Makers!
[makerfront.com]
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_2709.JPG (488 KB)
Re: Deltaprintr woes
February 03, 2015 11:41AM
I think I figured it out, I had to use a special driver for windows for it to even connect to the printer. Once I connected, I used the Firmware EEPROM Configutation in Repetier to adjust the Z home offset to -6mm. No more scratching the bed on the auto level routine.

Now that I have it printing, I'm noticing uneven layers. The first layer is loose towards the back of the printer but so close towards the front that it can't extrude.

These guys need to iron things out!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 11:42AM by MakerFront.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login