Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folgertech Prusa i3 Default extruder max temp?

Posted by Linkreincarnate 
Folgertech Prusa i3 Default extruder max temp?
March 13, 2015 01:12AM
Can anyone who has this extruder tell me the maximum temp you can print at? Can i get it to 270 and use Up filament? I have a bunch already and It would be nice to use it in both printers.
Re: Folgertech Prusa i3 Default extruder max temp?
March 16, 2015 09:41PM
So I heard back from support they said they had never pushed it past 240 but they didn't see why it wouldn't go to 270. I'm going to try it and post here if it works.
March 17, 2015 04:23AM
Some lucky people says they can print ABS properly with the folger's extruder. I tryed to print ABS around 235°C and I could not complete a print longer than 20mn without clogging. The fan provided wasn't able to cool down the system properly. The heat diffuses into the motor and the extruder motor had a breakdown. You could upgrade the cooling system with a better fan (maybe 40x40x20mm), and probably a better heatsink too. I upgraded the whole extruder with a wade extruder and E3D hotend. Now I can print anything with a better quality at any temperature. I hope this will help.

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
July 29, 2015 11:01PM
Zavashier did you have to change anything in firmware when upgraded to E3d hotend? I am going to upgrade mine to E3d j-head with x carriage replace and relocate motor to top of the frame, the stock hotend isn't great, the stock thermistor probably not reading the temp correctly either, If I print at 235c to 245c it will shrink really bad and does not stick to the aluminium bed with kapton on it, at 264c I have very little shrinkage but still not perfectly straight going up the layers, If I go any higher I get max temp error 2 layers in to the print, no clog no click on extruder motor, not over heating either, likely is the thermistor faults on this occasion.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login