Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Haeckel Help

Posted by jsmb768ypl 
Haeckel Help
December 30, 2015 06:11PM
Hello,

I am looking into building a Haeckel but I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on a few things.

1) Can I use a raspberry pi board to run the printer? If so what would I need to do with it to get it to control everything?

2) Can I buy the mechanical parts on Amazon? The frame I am looking at building from parts from local stores.

I am sure I will come up with more questions soon!
Re: Haeckel Help
December 30, 2015 08:59PM
Hello,

I finished my Haeckel build about this time last year. It has turned out to be a fine printer. I don't know
about using the Rasberry PI as a printer controller but all of the mechanical parts can be found on Amazon.
I would have bought this kit if I knew it was available.
Controller package

Ray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2015 10:46PM by Shank man.
December 30, 2015 11:13PM
Lots of people use a Raspberry pi running Octoprint to control their printer... (think 3d print server) you still need a reprap controller such as ramps, rambo, rumba, duet, smoothieboard etc to actually control the machine

There are highly experimental (read that as insane!) machines running directly on a rpi, but to comes down to the OS fighting with the real time requirements of a bare metal controller. (a microsecond delay as the OS is doing something unneeded for printing produces a blob in the print)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2015 11:25PM by Dust.
December 31, 2015 01:34AM
Here is a link to info for the different controllers.

I'm partial to the Smoothieboard.

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login