Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3+MKS GEN v1.3 build issues

Posted by jataadroid 
Prusa i3+MKS GEN v1.3 build issues
April 27, 2016 12:16AM
Hey everyone I edited this because I posted when I was half awake and probably to tired to explain everything properly. My prusa i3+MKS GEN v1.3 running the latest marlin hosted on mattercontrol is having issues with the each axis having a seemingly small build space movement compared the actual build space. I can move the Y axis only half way across the build space, X axis has about 70% range of build space while the Z axis only has 25%.
Next issue I'm having is the Y axis motor will stutter/jitter for a portion of its range of motion(say i moved it 10mm it would stuff for 3 making it stop at 7, missed steps.)....just resolved y axis jitter.

still need help with screwed up build space and constant endstop feedback.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2016 12:13PM by jataadroid.
Re: Prusa i3+MKS GEN v1.3 build issues
April 27, 2016 11:05AM
jataadroid
And to top it off console show that any movement is hitting the end stops.

Fix your endstops. Use M119 to see what they are doing. If they are TRIGGERED when the axis is not near them, invert them in Marlin. If you're not using the MAX endstops, disable them.
April 27, 2016 02:35PM
thank you i think ive gotten it figured out. Now i need to sort out the build space but I think I might have overlooked a couple things. Im going to do a sanity check lol
April 27, 2016 10:50PM
I can not get the x endstop to show triggered. I tied another endstop and cable and it will still not show trigger. I even tried inverting it. What do I need to look at next.

Thanks

Edit: Got it. looks like another thing wrong in manual. Moved the endstop over one set of pins and it works noe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2016 11:03PM by WilberMaker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login