Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

x-axis motor, z-axis motor, and extruder motor not working

Posted by adenton 
x-axis motor, z-axis motor, and extruder motor not working
May 21, 2016 01:05AM
Hello,

I am working on a Mendel Prusa i2 and I am stuck on getting the x-axis motor, z-axis motor, and extruder motor to work.

Some background: I am working with the RAMP 1.4 and Sprinter. The y-axis motor works beautifully, but unfortunately is the only one doing so. I have adjusted the potentiometer on the stepper drivers to about 0.4 however the factor settings on all of the drivers were all above 0.8.

Anyway, when using Pronter Face to manually control the motors the z-axis does not move but makes a soft high pitched noise, but the x-axis doesn't even make a sound.

I have tried moving the drivers around and they all work on the y axis, and not on any of the the of other axis on the RAMPS board. I know that they are not fried as I can measure about 0.4 to all of the drivers. I also know that I am getting 12.11 V of power.

I would really appreciate any suggestions and I am happy to answer any more questions about my printer if more info is needed to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks!
Re: x-axis motor, z-axis motor, and extruder motor not working
May 21, 2016 02:45AM
Haven't used sprinter but high pitch sound and no movement have to so with two simple issues, feed rate to high and endstops. For Z axis reduce your rate to 1-3 and for the no movement do a m119 test in pronterface to check for false triggered enstops.
Re: x-axis motor, z-axis motor, and extruder motor not working
May 21, 2016 02:11PM
I forgot to mention that when I enter the M119 command I get back x_min:L y_min:L z_min:L. What to do you mean by the rate and how do I adjust it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login