Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AutoLeveling Marlin Configuration.H file

Posted by Lymphomaniac1 
AutoLeveling Marlin Configuration.H file
October 31, 2016 12:15AM
I am trying to install a LJ18A3-8-Z/BX Inductive Proximity Sensor Switch NPN on my Z-axis so I can do autoleveling on my generic Prusa I3 printer. I am running Marlin 1.1.0-RC7 - 31 July 2016 firmware on my printer. I have watched Thomas Sanladerer's youtube presentation on autoleveling but his demonstration uses an earlier version of Marlin which has gotten me confused while I have tried to configure this latest version. Things are just not quite the same between the two versions. I was wondering if someone running autoleveling using an inductive proximity switch and Marlin 1.1.0-RC7 successfully on a Prusa I3 could share their configuration.h and configuration_adv.h files with me.

Thanks

Stuart
Re: AutoLeveling Marlin Configuration.H file
November 01, 2016 01:27AM
what exactly is the problem? the documentation in marlin itself has much improved in the latest version and the sanity check will tell you if you configured something wrong.
Re: AutoLeveling Marlin Configuration.H file
November 01, 2016 12:26PM
Sungod3k,

Thank you very much for your response.

In Tom Sanladerer's Guide [ [www.youtube.com] ], in which he uses a two year old version of Marlin, he shows two places where the #define ENSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN are commented out. In one of the places this definition is already commented out. In the RC7 I only see one occurrence of this definition and it is already commented out. Do I need to worry about any other occurences of this definition? If so where?

My probe is exactly 26 mm directly in front of my nozzle. I give the x offset a value of "0" and the y offset a value of "-26". When I home my nozzle with a G28 command, the sensor is located beyond the edge of the build plate. Without any part of the build plate being under the the sensor, the sensor never triggers and the nozzle smacks into the build plate. How can I fix this?

Once again, thank you very much,

Stuart
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login