Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

no bed temp HELP!

Posted by haroldj 
no bed temp HELP!
December 07, 2016 02:53PM
Hi, I made a stupid mistake and shorted out a bunch of pins across the pins end (opposite of power in) of my ramps and mega board on my homebuilt wilson printer. It was not a good day. I replaced the ramps board and the mega2560, and the computer that was hooked to it (usb is dead).
This printer has worked flawlessly for a year and I want to get it up and running again. I loaded the same Marlin into the printer that I had before, but in repetier it shows my bed temp as 0. The hot end is showing room temp. I replaced the ramps board again, then replaced the mega again. If I swap the thermistor wires, both thermistors show room temp when connected to th0, but not when connected to th1.
I am hoping there is someone here that is more of an electronics guru than I am and can see what I am missing.
Sorry in advance if I am in the wrong place. I wasn't sure if I should post in electronics, firmware, or mechanical.
Re: no bed temp HELP!
December 07, 2016 05:41PM
Are you sure you have the bed thermister enabled in the config.h
December 07, 2016 06:25PM
I knew that when I found the problem that I would feel foolish. Marlin was set up correctly, but I had a wonky usb cable. I changed the cable and it works fine. I knew it would be a "couldn't see the forest for the trees) type mistake. I replaced everything but the cable. Thanks
December 07, 2016 06:28PM
I finally found the problem. I changed the USB cable and all works fine.
I had changed everything else but the cable so I gave it a try and it worked. Cant figure out why just the bed temp was affected, but its working now.
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login