Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weird Bumps and Zits on prints

Posted by TheGoldy 
Weird Bumps and Zits on prints
February 21, 2017 08:20PM
I just recently within the past two months have gotten into 3D printing and purchased a RepRap Guru Prusa i3 v2. I'm still trying to get the best prints possible and suddenly I have started getting very intense bumps on on the sides of my prints. There are a lot and this seems to be an exception compared to what I've seen online. I've tried many different settings and read online but can't seem to fix it. Any ideas? (pics below)

Slicer: Cura
Layer Height: 0.15 mm
Wall Thickness and Top/Bottom Thickness: 0.8 mm
Infill Density: 35%
Infill Overlap Percentage: 8%
Printing Temp: 195
Build Plate: 0 (came out of the box not working grr)
Diameter: 1.71
Flow %: 92
Retraction Distance: 6.5mm
Print Speed and Infill Speed: 45 mm/s
Wall Speed: 22.5 mm/s
Top/Bottom Speed: 20 mm/s
Travel Speed: 120 mm/s
Fan:100%
Attachments:
open | download - Bumpy1.JPG (411.3 KB)
open | download - Bumpy2.JPG (411.8 KB)
Re: Weird Bumps and Zits on prints
February 22, 2017 03:13AM
This might be massive over extrusion. My best guess is, one microstepping jumper for the extruder driver has lost contact.
Are the cubes still in the right scale? Especially height is interesting, because lost steps in z-direction would look the same.
February 22, 2017 11:06PM
Definitely something I will look into. Yes the height is the same as before so I guess I really should've said "cubish". Thanks for the feedback. Could this account for the fact that it hadn't been an issue and randomly occurred?
February 23, 2017 02:39AM
Yes, these jumpers for microstepping are of low quality sometimes. I had a set of 4 that even came without the metal-bridge, just an empty plastic housing! eye popping smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login