Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printrun / Pronterface Processing

Posted by 4xjbh 
Printrun / Pronterface Processing
October 03, 2012 09:20AM
I am using pronterface to print my stl files after they have been sliced with slicer. I am finding after opening the gcode and hitting print the console scrolls through line after line of data (refer attached), with nothing ever printed, even after reaching the desired temperature. I have let it process for up to an hour, even on small models. It happens on many stl files from different sources.

My board is a Gen6.d which has successfully printed in the past but this problem is becoming more the norm recently.

Does anyone know why this may be occurring?

Thanks in advance, James
Attachments:
open | download - printrun-02.PNG (176.7 KB)
Re: Printrun / Pronterface Processing
October 04, 2012 06:54AM
It just cannot stabilize the temperature enough to start printing.

The line you see repeatedly (Txxx E0 Wy) is displayed only during the process of getting the hotend to the target temperature. The Wyy inhere is the estimated number of seconds before print starts. It should only decrease.

You might have some misconfiguration about temperature in your firmware.

Can you tell us what hotend you have, what firmware you run ? Changed anything recently in that area ?

Can you show us what your board replies when you send it a "M136" GCode ?

Then run a M303 to do a pid auto detection run (if you have a recent marlin - warning, will heat your hotend) and if the values are different from what M136 said, you might want to update them.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Re: Printrun / Pronterface Processing
October 31, 2012 05:33AM
I also doing RepRapPro Huxley,Which software you installed?,Can you send me the link,you installed?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login