Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So, i tried flashing with marlin, now nothing works...

Posted by Speedsoda 
So, i tried flashing with marlin, now nothing works...
October 17, 2012 01:11PM
I received a .hex file which was marlin. Tried to flash this to my gen 6 electronics, and this is what I get when trying to connect with pronterface:

Connecting...
áqXñ€_r67“hn H2:H\C3›JB%¨°JC>ønŸ\JQ/û~Bz% àë&`—¸»J%IPøq“¹MP6·æ

Does anyone know what's up? I don't really know what to do. Also, the printer used to make whizzing noises, I guess that was the stepper motors. Now it's dead silent...
Re: So, i tried flashing with marlin, now nothing works...
October 17, 2012 02:39PM
You need to set the baudrate in pronterface or whatever you're using to talk to the arduino to match the value at the top of configuration.h, I think Marlin defaults to 250000
October 17, 2012 04:47PM
What does one do when their computer(s) doesn't(don't) support 250Kbaud? (I haven't powered up my printrboard yet, but I'm a bit concerned, since none of my computers support 250K)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2012 04:48PM by xiando.
October 17, 2012 07:39PM
Change the baud rate in the configuration.h to 112500. save then re-upload.

I had to do this to get Marlin working with my early Netbook computer.
October 18, 2012 02:58AM
Polygonhell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You need to set the baudrate in pronterface or
> whatever you're using to talk to the arduino to
> match the value at the top of configuration.h, I
> think Marlin defaults to 250000

Wow, thanks. I was almost sure I had screwed everything up, and that my cheap chinese programmer had done something weird to my board. I was really surprised when everything just came to life as soon as I changed to 250000. Thanks a lot!

BTW, I just gotta say WOW. The marlin firmware is a huge improvement compared to whatever I had before. I bought the printer preassembled, so I'm not 100% sure what firmware was on it, though I think sprinter. Before, it would stutter at tight bends and complex shapes, but now it really is silky smooth and super fast! Amazing. And the way you can hear the motors accelerating is awesome too, compared to the sudden slams the motors would produce when "accelerating" before.
I would advise everyone who hasn't tried marlin to do so. =)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login