Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder help

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Extruder help
September 13, 2008 03:19PM
Hi. I have been very slow moving in getting my RepRap together. I ordered all of my RP bits from Bitsfrombytes back in January. These are the cast parts Ian was offering. I have finally finished the mechanical assembly.

I was just about to devote myself to building the extruder, but it looks like things have changed (I know I am not keeping up with the progression of things and that the electronics I have built have already been advanced). I can't find instructions to match up to the extruder parts I have. Should I order new parts? I assume that the motor and some of the other parts stay the same. Should I order from Ian again or is there new extruder parts available from a US distributor?

I have also not kept up with this forum, so please forgive my ignorance if this has been answered before. Thanks for any help or advice.
Re: Extruder help
September 14, 2008 08:09PM
I've got a really old extruder from RRRF but it is pre-january. I don't think it really matters as far as compatibility goes other than you not having an encoder or solenoid. I wouldn't worry too much.

If you need build pictures you can look here at what mine looks like:

[picasaweb.google.com]
[picasaweb.google.com]
[picasaweb.google.com]
[picasaweb.google.com]

Hope that is what you needed. Don't know if it is. Sorry wasn't more help.

Demented
Re: Extruder help
September 14, 2008 08:27PM
I'm getting a set of cast parts from someone so if I work it out, I'll post some pics and let you know winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login