Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

newbie starting to build

Posted by alexidoia 
newbie starting to build
February 01, 2009 10:03AM
Hi there,
I am from France, so first if there are any french people with whom I could hook up and talk that would be great.
I am teaching in a school of art, as are all French school of art, that is very conservative, I have little consideration coming from hierarchy and other professors, but I am willing to start this crazy project.
I have good programming skills and average construction/electronics skills.
After a few hours or reading onto the main website, I have ended up onto the RepRap Parts Lister and generated a list part, here comes my first question:
There are a list of suppliers at the end of the page after hitting the button " generate shop list", should I buy all the different lists from the different suppliers ? I guess the answer is yes, but we never know.
Then my second question is, what do I start with, where are the schematics plans ?
Thanks a lot.
Alex
Re: newbie starting to build
February 01, 2009 01:38PM
Greetings Alex,

In case you haven't seen it yet, there's a forum specifically for French speaking/writing reprappers, see [forums.reprap.org]

If you don't turn up collaborators among the art community, you might look for collaborators among the tech/engineering community. For myself (a techie, certainly no artist!) , I've found tech/artist interactions to be interesting and productive.

Best regards,

Larry Pfeffer,

My blog about building repstrap Cerberus:
[repstrap-cerberus.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login