Advanced

A score on ebay, Is it?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
A score on ebay, Is it?
May 03, 2009 11:49AM
[cgi.ebay.com]

what you say,

it has a power supply, stepper controller, 3 stepper motors and the xyz axis system driven with belts...

just have to figure out the interface...

Ohh, the things you can find on ebay...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2009 11:51AM by arun4444.
Re: A score on ebay, Is it?
May 03, 2009 12:36PM
Hard to say were you the winning bidder?
Anonymous User
May 03, 2009 03:44PM
yup
May 04, 2009 05:11PM
If it works (i.e. no burned out steppers, no irreparable mechanical issues) then definitely. Even if not everything is functional, for 9.99 there's no way you're going to regret having bought it.
May 05, 2009 11:40AM
I did a little searching the other day and was unable to locate any documentation on on it.

So first thing to do is crack it open and start tracing wires, looking for the stepper motor drivers, end stops, Google any part numbers. manufactures that you find, if full part numbers strike out drop prefixs, shorten number, etc.

Do you already have a sanguino or audunio to try and drive it with?
Anonymous User
May 05, 2009 11:03PM
I did find documentation on it. Its a simple straightforward system inside, with 3 steppers and lead screws. On powerup, it automatically homes and everything seems to run smoothly. i am planing on converting it to a repstrap as soon as i finish my exams during the next two weeks. I have to say its pretty rigid with 100oz steppers.

Maybe you guys should try this route also.

I learnt that the best way to get deals on ebay is not to go searching for an item you need directly. i needed a few lead screws. So i went to the thk website and looked for "applications sections" i.e. where their lead screws are used. One area was automated sampling systems volia search for automated sampling systems smiling smiley

Heres another one (You will surely find cheaper ones):
[cgi.ebay.com]

Some other surplus ebay items i considered building a repstrap with:
[shop.ebay.com]
[shop.ebay.com]
[shop.ebay.com]
[shop.ebay.com]
[cgi.ebay.com]
[cgi.ebay.com]
[cgi.ebay.com]
[cgi.ebay.com]
[cgi.ebay.com]
[cgi.ebay.com]
[cgi.ebay.com]

Please feel free to share your ideas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login