Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do you post pictures?

Posted by Yamster 
How do you post pictures?
August 22, 2013 11:51AM
Hello,

I've attaching pictures when making a post (when I need to show some picture, that is), but I see some people including pictures in their post. You know, the pictures show up as a part of the document, instead of readers having to click and open the attached file.

I guess it would require some kind of web space which is accessible by general public, to which I need to upload the picture and then include that image URL in my posting.. right?

How do you guys do that? Are there any free services/web spaces I can use for this purpose?

Thank you.
Re: How do you post pictures?
August 22, 2013 12:50PM
One possibility is to attach the picture to your post, select Preview, and then copy the link location for your attachment, and use it in your post, I don't know if this is the recomended way to do it, but it overcomes the need for external references from the forum, and in theory it should work as long as the forum is up and running.
August 22, 2013 02:15PM
Yes that is what I do. Pain that there isn't a button to do it. Also the image comes out the size it says in the jpeg header so you have to scale it to something that fits a page reasonably.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
August 22, 2013 04:09PM
Wow.. that's very clever..

Let me test..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 04:09PM by Yamster.
Attachments:
open | download - Test Piece Bottom.jpg (266.8 KB)
VDX
August 22, 2013 04:21PM
... I've tried last week to activate an 'embedding picture' module, but this changed the normal behaviour to broken links, so deactivated it again.

So actually the best way is opening the attached picture in 'preview' mode and add the link as image reference.

This won't cause extra traffic or space - so I'll recomend this procedere until the forums software is updated to handle attachments more comfortable ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 11, 2021 11:13PM
hoe do i attaché screen shot to my post?
Re::heating failed,sys,stop./ windowerror -2 Ca
February 11, 2021 11:18PM
once sys.comes online.all is ok.on switching on temp. after few second message: heating failed,sys stopped. then after few second message : windowerror - 2 sys.canot find file specified.pls help.I am able to jog cantering of hotend ,homing the same without any problem.pls help
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login