Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extruder gear

Posted by printer_man58 
extruder gear
October 26, 2013 04:17PM
In my extruder the gears move in the wrong direction which makes the plastic not extrude. Is there a way in the marlin code that allows me to change my gear direction.
// For Inverting Stepper Enable Pins (Active Low) use 0, Non Inverting (Active High) use 1
#define X_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Y_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
#define E_ENABLE_ON 1 // For all extruders

When i set the extruder in that piece of code to 1 the gears wouldn't move. Also what is the difference between orca and mendel. I have a mendelmax 1.5 with ramps 1.4
Thanks
Re: extruder gear
October 27, 2013 01:25PM
The simple solution is to just plug the extruder stepper in the other way on your Ramps board.
October 28, 2013 03:02PM
Thanks. Are you talking about the polulu stepper driver or the actual wires?
October 28, 2013 03:06PM
There is a later section of the config file that has a name like INVERT_E. There is one for each axis, and actually multiple for the E axis since you can have multiple extruders. I just did this last night - you set it to true or false. Actually in my case, I have a dual extruders with PL35 motors facing each other, so they need to be set opposite from one another - one is true and one is false. Of course I guessed wrong the first time.
October 28, 2013 04:22PM
On the RAMPS just unplug the cable from the extruder and plug in in again after turning it 180 degrees.

No need to do anything with the wires.
October 28, 2013 05:47PM
Thanks to everybody for all the help! I just fixed it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login