Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel RepRapped Parts List - Help

Posted by jachyra 
Mendel RepRapped Parts List - Help
December 03, 2009 10:08PM
I know someone who can print me my Mendel's parts.

I've downloaded all the stl files associated with Mendel. This page also has some details:
[objects.reprap.org]

But what I need to know is how many of EACH of those stl parts I need to print. Does anyone know where or have a convenient list? I don't want to miss a part and have to bug my friend (who wants to print all the parts in one shot).

Please let me know fellow reprappers! Your help is much appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 01:30AM by SebastienBailard.
Re: Mendal RepRapped Parts List - Help
December 04, 2009 02:14AM
1) We need that information, if it's not in the parts list.

EDIT: 'grab the files from subversion, they're named frame_vertex_6off.stl which tells you that you need 6 of them' - Triffid_Hunter

2) Are you printing the parts on a generic commercial 3D printer? That's going to be crazy expensive ~1000 USD, for just the plastic.

A RepRap could do it for much less, but I sense a boot strapping problem. smiling smiley

I highly recommend you look into buying a CNC-ready router or CNC-ready mill, if you're going to spend $1K.
[objects.reprap.org]
[objects.reprap.org]

If you buy a Taig mill (~1KUSD, pre-motors, pre-electronics), for example, you'll have something that you can still use as a milling machine, along with as a RepRap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 02:28AM by SebastienBailard.
Re: Mendal RepRapped Parts List - Help
December 04, 2009 09:11AM
Thanks so much for your help Sebastian!

Actually my friend is going to print it for free. But he can only do this favour for me once. So I have to make sure I can give him all the parts at once. It's a commercial printer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login