Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rostock mini Pro motors are crazy

Posted by xinu 
Rostock mini Pro motors are crazy
July 17, 2014 10:09AM
Hello,
i bought DIY kit from [3dprinterczar.com] and followed instructions in manuals on their site,

looks like i have everything connected as it should be, but if i use manual control in Repetier Host clicking on x y z arrow or HOME, only motor which is moving is the one connected to Z port (i tested motors in same Z port and all are working and G-Code M119 shows xmaxL ymaxL zmaxL ), extruder motor doesnt move at all.
What could be the problem??

Thank you
Re: Rostock mini Pro motors are crazy
July 17, 2014 01:10PM
Have you adjusted the voltage on the motor drivers? It is possible that only the Z-motor is getting enough voltage. Try attaching a multi-meter in the range of 2V to each polou driver. I put the black lead to the ground of the power supply with the red lead to the metal on the potentiometer. I believe I set my motors each to 0.4V, the extruder to 0.8V.

Also make sure you have good connections to your motors (my crimping sucks) and double check your wire order. Wires on the same poles should show some resistance (?).
July 17, 2014 05:51PM
i set all powers to 0.4 so the Z motor is not crazy anymore, but other motors still not moving at all, if i switch motors all are working in Z axis slot, so crimping should be fine

attached foto maybe it could say more
Attachments:
open | download - 2014-07-17 23.37.42.jpg (380.7 KB)
July 21, 2014 02:53AM
looks like software problem that X,Y axis doesn't move, any suggestions?
July 21, 2014 09:02AM
It might Just be your picture...

But it look like both the X and Y plugs are off by one pin...
July 22, 2014 12:23PM
no its the picture, i double checked them, even the x motor has resistance when powered so it cannot be moved manualy but doesnt move itself
July 22, 2014 04:33PM
Try M119 to check your endstops. If all the motors are working, I would guess that the X and Y endstops are either plugged into min plugs rather than the max plugs, or that they are reporting high (triggered) rather than low like the Z axis. Can you move the X and Y motors at all when not plugged into the Z axis?
July 22, 2014 05:13PM
all the endstops says Max: L
July 25, 2014 11:18AM
Have you tried swapping drivers?
July 26, 2014 07:12PM
Try inverting the endstops. Switch them from true to false or vise versa and see if the motors move.
July 27, 2014 04:40PM
yea, all motors and drivers works in z port, i ordered new RAMPS board, will see if its not faulty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login