Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

newbie: Extruder reject filament [Prusa i2] [Melzi]

Posted by mqmf 
newbie: Extruder reject filament [Prusa i2] [Melzi]
July 20, 2014 11:57PM
Hi! I have just built my first prusa mendel i2. Everything seems ok but when Im going to print a test object the extruder reject the filament (the stepper turns in wrong direction for a 2 secs) before consume filament. My printer does exactly this when I click "print":
Do home for 3 axis (ok)
Hot extruder and bed to the specfied temperature (ok)
Move extruder to the position for start printing (ok)
Move out the filament! (the stepper who feed the extruder turns in the wrong direction and when it stops turning I put the filament again in)
Stepper turns in the right direction and move right, but the filament does not go through the extruder (maybe a cap inside that must be remove? The extruder is new...)

I also notice that at the begining (when the printer has just started printing) sometimes the printer just dont stop moving the actual axis (I have to disconnect it because). It is like the program freezes. I revised all connections, tried differents firmwares with no success.

My device is prusa mendel i2 with Melzi v2. The firmware Im using is [github.com]
In Configuration.h I uncommented REPRAPPRO_MENDEL2, REPRAPPRO_MELZI and SERIAL_R and adjusted the temperaure sensor constants

Do you have any idea about this extruder behaviour?

Thank you!
Re: newbie: Extruder reject filament [Prusa i2] [Melzi]
July 21, 2014 09:06AM
most likely you need a g92 e0 is the your start.gcode (set e axis to position 0)

With out that the first thing it does when you print it reverse out the filament.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login