Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print is a mirror image of part???

Posted by m3gtr 
Print is a mirror image of part???
January 29, 2015 12:29PM
Newbie alert question again!

I just realised my prints are a mirror image of the part as it is displayed on the screen in Cura. I print directly from Cura. Without messing with what the part looks like on the screen, how do I change it to print correctly? I'm using a Prusa i3

Thanks
Re: Print is a mirror image of part???
January 29, 2015 12:35PM
m3gtr
Newbie alert question again!

I just realised my prints are a mirror image of the part as it is displayed on the screen in Cura. I print directly from Cura. Without messing with what the part looks like on the screen, how do I change it to print correctly? I'm using a Prusa i3

Thanks

Invert either your X or Y Axis (Only one mind) and you will probably have to re-define that Axis endstop X0,Y0 is normally at the front left corner of the bed.

HTH

Doug
January 29, 2015 12:54PM
Thanks Doug, How do I invert the axis?
January 29, 2015 01:05PM
m3gtr
Thanks Doug, How do I invert the axis?

Easiest way is to turn your motor connector round on your electronics board (Powered down first of course)
January 29, 2015 01:30PM
ok, my motors have four wires to the plug on the board (printrboard) in order.... blue/red/green/black. They can't be turned on the board due to the plug design, but I guess I could remove the pins and re-order them. Presumably I swap to be green/red/blue/black?
January 29, 2015 01:36PM
m3gtr
ok, my motors have four wires to the plug on the board (printrboard) in order.... blue/red/green/black. They can't be turned on the board due to the plug design, but I guess I could remove the pins and re-order them. Presumably I swap to be green/red/blue/black?

You can also invert the direction in Marlin:
#define INVERT_Y_DIR
or
#define INVERT_X_DIR

Steve
January 29, 2015 01:37PM
m3gtr

OK then I guess you have a melzi board I think you can just swap 2 of the wires and that will do the same (It's certainly worth a try) ie swap the blue and red round and try again you will see if it has worked by jogging the axis and it should move in the opposite direction to before.

as I said before you may need to re-define the endstops or move the one on the axis you are reversing to the opposite side of that axis.

Hope that makes some sense

Doug
January 29, 2015 01:48PM
Swings and roundabouts by the sounds of things, as I haven't used Marlin yet (I bought the printer second hand) and I have no idea how to connect/update.

...on the other hand, swapping wires around doesn't sound ideal either.

I think the Marlin route is safer, but can anyone point me in the direction of some instructions please?

Sorry...still very new to this!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login