Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NEW to reprap and I have an aurora Prusa Reprap i3 QUESTIONS!!!!

Posted by OO DURKE OO 
Re: NEW to reprap and I have an aurora Prusa Reprap i3 QUESTIONS!!!!
February 03, 2015 03:05PM
OO DURKE OO
ok I did that and entered m119 what am I looking for here? Z is now all the way down on the endstop X and Y are not.

the results should be something like

X_min:H x_min:L y_min:L

or such like

Is your Z now close to bed?
February 03, 2015 03:08PM
dougal1957
OO DURKE OO
ok I did that and entered m119 what am I looking for here? Z is now all the way down on the endstop X and Y are not.

or such like

I am seeing X_min:L y_min:H z_min:L

seem correct? And I am able to manually get it close to the bed with the up down buttons but when I hit the home button it keeps trying to go past the O point where the end stop is. So I had to run the emergency stop command.
February 03, 2015 03:12PM
OO DURKE OO
dougal1957
OO DURKE OO

or such like

seem correct? And I am able to manually get it close to the bed with the up down buttons but when I hit the home button it keeps trying to go past the O point where the end stop is. So I had to run the emergency stop command.

um that means that you will have to find a way of adjusting that Z Endstop. With the nozzle practicaly on the bed how far off is the endstop and could you get to it by levelling the bed a little lower?

are the X and Y both moving in either direction and can you get them to stop if you activate the endstop manually whilst the axis is moving towards the endstop?
February 03, 2015 03:12PM
I hit X home and it is going in the wrong direction to home. It should go left to the switch and instead its going right. Y commands the up button is driving it forward as it should it seems. But the backwards/down and home keys are doing nothing. Well the Y home key is pushing it forward by about -0.1 increment.
February 03, 2015 03:13PM
the x axis key is also making left is making it go right and right is making the extruder go left.
February 03, 2015 03:17PM
dougal1957
OO DURKE OO
dougal1957
OO DURKE OO

or such like

um that means that you will have to find a way of adjusting that Z Endstop. With the nozzle practicaly on the bed how far off is the endstop and could you get to it by levelling the bed a little lower?

are the X and Y both moving in either direction and can you get them to stop if you activate the endstop manually whilst the axis is moving towards the endstop?

The nozzle is on the bed basically and the end stop is hit but when I hit the Z axis home button in repetier it keeps trying to move past that point where it should stop. So basically it is hitting the endstop but not stopping at the bed level. It instead gets stuck as the end stop is screwed in and freezes the motors from turning. So it sits there trying to spin and cant. So basically the motor is not shutting off when it hits the endstop switch.
February 03, 2015 03:18PM
ok ill invert the X for you and then the Y endstop looks like it may need to be inverted stand by
February 03, 2015 03:20PM
its on its way?
February 03, 2015 03:27PM
ok well X works fine and Y only goes forward not backwards though.
February 03, 2015 03:28PM
So the X axis is stopping fine and working 100% as it should now. But Z axis refuses to stop at the end stop. and Y wont reverse to hit the endstop, and wont home either only forward.
February 03, 2015 03:29PM
the Y home is going forwards instead of reversing the bed. And the back button is not reversing on the Y axis.
February 03, 2015 03:30PM
activate the Y switch and see if it will move in that direction now also check the M119 command with the switch open and then Closed lets make sure the switch is ok yeah

Right I will be gone for a bit need to get Dinner be back in about 30 mins or so OK.
February 03, 2015 03:34PM
ok so hitting the Y endstop limiter switch does nothing. If I run the M119 hit and not hit I get 2 different results but nothing changes on Y just Z.

Attached is a screen cap. One is hit the other is not hit done with the Y limiter switch.
Attachments:
open | download - endstop.JPG (12.4 KB)
February 03, 2015 03:57PM
Does this have any bearing on the matter? I notice there are no figures for Z.
Attachments:
open | download - heightmap.JPG (40.9 KB)
February 03, 2015 04:22PM
OO DURKE OO
Does this have any bearing on the matter? I notice there are no figures for Z.

No that is only for when you have auto bed levelling probe but looking at you previous it suggests that you have your z and Y endstops transposed ie Z is in the Y socket and Y is where the Z should be but I will put the sense back to how I think it should be for you wait 1
February 03, 2015 04:24PM
So on the motherboard are they transposed? I didnt really think the switch itself mattered so I just connected them to any point. The switches look identical from what I can see. According to the wiring guide with the original kit they were in their set spots. is it possible the new firmware changed something?
February 03, 2015 04:26PM
It's on its way!!
February 03, 2015 06:51PM
I glued 2 pieces of 1/4" by 1/2" .080 (I think ) plastic to the bottom of my motor mount to close the gap at the z endstop switch. Got me close enough to adjust bed hieght properly. When I added glass to bed I removed one piece.I also had to mount the y axis endstop at the back not the front to get that working right. Search "Bad Printed Parts" here to see how I got around binding of feed screws and rods. Good luck
February 03, 2015 07:08PM
elwood127
I glued 2 pieces of 1/4" by 1/2" .080 (I think ) plastic to the bottom of my motor mount to close the gap at the z endstop switch. Got me close enough to adjust bed hieght properly. When I added glass to bed I removed one piece.I also had to mount the y axis endstop at the back not the front to get that working right. Search "Bad Printed Parts" here to see how I got around binding of feed screws and rods. Good luck

Great idea. Unfortunately my issue is that the Z axis is hitting the end stop but the motor isnt cutting off. Or when I go to print the z axis is set too high and print above the bed.

Dougal has given me a lot of help here. The new firmware seems to work decently i have to try his latest instructions from his email to me though. I think he is on to something with my limiter switched being swapped around somehow.
February 04, 2015 02:01AM
Robert

the motherboard as you call it has marking's on it for the endstop positions they all need to be in the sockets marked up as X- Y- and Z- make sure they are in the correct socket for the endstop in question ie your Z endstop needs to be in the Z- socket and so on.

Elwoods idea of putting a shim under the X axis carriage so it contacts the Limit switch is not a bad one your other option is to take the switch of the frame and elongate its mounting holes re-attach it then you should be able to move it up or down to get it in the right place.

we will crack this!thumbs up
February 04, 2015 10:23AM
dougal1957
Robert

the motherboard as you call it has marking's on it for the endstop positions they all need to be in the sockets marked up as X- Y- and Z- make sure they are in the correct socket for the endstop in question ie your Z endstop needs to be in the Z- socket and so on.

Elwoods idea of putting a shim under the X axis carriage so it contacts the Limit switch is not a bad one your other option is to take the switch of the frame and elongate its mounting holes re-attach it then you should be able to move it up or down to get it in the right place.

How does shimming my endstops help? My end stops are reaching everything fine as of right now. they all tick and can be hit. The only issue is that the Z axis isn't stopping when hit, and the Y axis for the bed sometimes takes a second to figure out it was hit. but they are all positioned well.

I have swapped out my end stops for Y and Z. I have to step out for a bit but I will test it a bit later. The new configuration file is uploaded just not tested as of yet.
February 04, 2015 10:30AM
OO DURKE OO
dougal1957
Robert

How does shimming my endstops help? My end stops are reaching everything fine as of right now. they all tick and can be hit. The only issue is that the Z axis isn't stopping when hit, and the Y axis for the bed sometimes takes a second to figure out it was hit. but they are all positioned well.

I have swapped out my end stops for Y and Z. I have to step out for a bit but I will test it a bit later. The new configuration file is uploaded just not tested as of yet.

Ok I made that suggestion before seeing that your endstops are miss wired I think check it out when you get back and drop me a mail or comment in here and I'll keep an eye open for it!!

Good Luck

Doug
February 04, 2015 02:21PM
dougal1957
Robert

PARDON MY LANGUAGE BUT! HELL TO THE FU*KING YEAH! Sorry if that offends anyone reading but we GOT IT! X, Y and Z stop at their end points using repetier! So now to test something and see if I can get this extruder nozzle to be near the bed!
February 04, 2015 02:23PM
anyone have any goog guides for using repetier to print? I need to know how to properly scale an item so it fits my print bed now. Also does repetier have a bed leveling program?
February 04, 2015 03:19PM
OO DURKE OO
anyone have any goog guides for using repetier to print? I need to know how to properly scale an item so it fits my print bed now. Also does repetier have a bed leveling program?

Glad to know it is now working to a fashion just need to calibrate it all now.

It is probably all set to operate in mm now and you may be working in inches.

There is a scaling function in Repetier in the object placement tab (this is where you can scale/rotate position and even flip an object.

I would suggest you find Trifid hunter's Calibration guide Trifid Hunter's Guide this should help you out also get this 20mm Calibration Cube

Get your bed level to a piece of paper whilst your Z Axis is homed then try printing with first layer set to 0.2 and subsequent layer's at 0.3 to start with (You will probably have to search thru the Slicer config screens to sort that (Best way to learn IMHO LOL).

Best of Luck
February 04, 2015 03:22PM
The only other thing is I noticed my X axis does not go all the way to the right. It is still missing about an inch to an 1.5 inches on the bar. the extruder comes within about .5 inches of the edge of my print bed do you think that will be an issue?
February 04, 2015 03:25PM
what is the xyz calibration here? what is the purpose of that?Shouldn't I be good to go and just need to level the bed out? it seems to want to print fine but I need some good guides on bed leveling. some places I keep scraping the bed
February 04, 2015 03:32PM
OK Trifid's guide should be good for that What I do is Home all axis and adjust the bed with the levelling screws until a piece of copy paper just slides with resistance under the nozzle the move the X to say 190mm and then do the same with that corner move the Y to 190 do the same and then home X do the same then repeat to check that the bed is truly level.

The purpose of the 20mm Cal cube is 2 fold 1 makes sure all axis are moving the correct way (It has the axis marked on 3 faces Y should be to the front X to the side and Z on top secondly if you the measure all 3 widths they should all be 20mm this proves your steps per mm are correct in the firmware if any of this is wrong then anything you print will be the wrong size also.

Hope this makes sense.

The other thing that will need calibrating is your extruder follow trifids guide for this.

Now if you need to adjust any of these steps you can just over type them on the EEPROM Screen to do it.

Doug
February 04, 2015 03:35PM
OO DURKE OO
The only other thing is I noticed my X axis does not go all the way to the right. It is still missing about an inch to an 1.5 inches on the bar. the extruder comes within about .5 inches of the edge of my print bed do you think that will be an issue?

I Don't know the size of your bed but the firmware is set 200 x 200 and the normal heat plates are 215x215 so there is some overlap and you can adjust the left and back by moving your endstops and then the max points can also be adjusted in both the firmware EEPROM and in the printer settings in Repetier host.
February 04, 2015 03:36PM
OK. Well Ill have to check youtube see if I can find some good bed leveling vids. the 190 thing should help a lot too. Any ideas on the X axis not going all the way to the right?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login