Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa I3, with autobed leveling, printing too close to the bed.

Posted by Gannicus 
Re: Prusa I3, with autobed leveling, printing too close to the bed.
February 09, 2015 07:01AM
Everything is working David!

Just a couple little issues.

I printed a reprap LCD case, and it doesn't fit. As seen here: [imgur.com]

The printed case ended up measuring 108.20mm x 89.09mm. Which was short on the Y axis. It was supposed to measure 108.59x95.4.
I'm "guessing" it has something to do with the steps I changed on the Y axis, as I didn't have this issue before.

Is there an easy way to correct this? As I literally have EVERYTHING dialed in at this point on the physical machine. I installed my new aluminium Y axis sled, insulated my heat bed (which now only takes 15 mins to get from cold to printing btw ;D ) as well as my autobed leveling and everything is running really nice.

In this pic you can see it's really off on the Y axis. [imgur.com]

And lastly once we have that all solved, what makes the dingleberries as seen in this pic? [imgur.com]

I didn't have them previously, and the other thing I can think of, was that I changed the retraction from 1mm to 3mm, because I was getting a lot of oozing at idle from the hot end.

Thanks again for all your help David, your help and knowledge has been vital!
February 09, 2015 08:48AM
Losing 6mm over a 100mm print is pretty significant. You will need to decrease the steps/mm on your z axis. You can use [THIS] STL to test it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2015 09:01AM by MindRealm.

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
February 09, 2015 08:58PM
I'll tell ya what David...if it's not one thing, it's another. My heat bed has decided it wants to stop working now.

Printed the test calibration once, cleaned the glass, went to run it again,and about 40 minutes later I realized it wasn't printing.

Was only up to 94C.

Which is funny, because when I replaced the plexy Y axis with an aluminum one, I insulated the bed with rubber pipe insulation. I was going from cold to printing inside 20 mins.

Turned the printer off, tried again...damn thing won't get to 100C.

I'm about ready to drop kick this damn thing into the harbor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login