Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cant use Usb from computer to Tevo tarantula

Posted by Eric Barzycki 
Cant use Usb from computer to Tevo tarantula
April 29, 2016 05:20PM
So when I first got my printer I plugged the usb printer cable in and opened Cura. I loaded a file and hit send to printer, and like magic the printer started moving and began the print. Then I logged on today to start a print and I no longer can send to printer.

Notes:
Using Windows 10 (probably the problem)
Tevo Tarantula Prusa I3 Printer
Cura [(Latest version) I tried an older version and still same problem]
Turned everything back off an on again
Noticed that if I plug in the usb the lcd and controls all freeze on my printer.

if any one can help Id much appreciate it.
Re: Cant use Usb from computer to Tevo tarantula
May 01, 2016 09:00PM
So I discovered what the issue was. In Cura I had it set to find auto port for communication. For whatever reason it could not pick up any com ports automatically but when I went in and manually selected my com boom. I got it back.
Re: Cant use Usb from computer to Tevo tarantula
September 12, 2016 12:24AM
I finished my tarantula build and am testing the various functions using the RepRap smart controller.
Hot bed and extruder OK,
X,Y,Z axis will move.
Home however has a problem with the Y axis. The stop switch is in the rear next to the Y motor, as the instructions show it.
The Y axis moves the heat bed forward and bumps into the pulley. Since the connectors are keyed I cant just reverse motor direction..
I dont have the firmware or the configuration file and am new to the compiler for this micro controller. I have an older Cura which will
be the next test for tomorrow. I am new to 3d printing and much to learn.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login