Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

center to center of threaded and smooth rod?

Posted by wes1007 
center to center of threaded and smooth rod?
April 11, 2015 04:54PM
I have a P3steel as and I'm in the process of designing a x assembly that takes a anti-backlash nut.

However I'm struggling to find the center to center dimension between the threaded and smooth Rods on the z axis.
Re: center to center of threaded and smooth rod?
April 11, 2015 05:55PM
center to center between Z-axis threaded rods = same as center to center of z-axis steppers = center to center of corresponding M3 holes for mounting said stepper motors

center to center between Z-axis smooth rods : measured on the frame of the P3Steel itself, you have the corresponding holes on the Z-axis stepper motor plates, see the wiki for details
April 11, 2015 06:09PM
Sorry if I wasn't clear initially. I need the center to center between the smooth rod and the threaded rod on one side
April 11, 2015 08:57PM
Exactly the same as on any Prusa i3. Just open any X idler end or X motor end for the Prusa i3 in OpenSCAD , or open the STL in any CAD program, and you can measure the as designed distance. Or you can measure it on the Z-axis stepper motor plates of the P3Steel. Finally, you can also measure them on the DXF files for the P3Steel frame, available in the wiki.

PS: BTW no anti-backslash nut is required for the P3Steel (or the Prusa i3) for the Z-axis, gravity takes care of that. Of course you are free to design and modify your P3Steel as much as you want, but that particular upgrade is not going to do anything for the quality of your prints. Just sayin'....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2015 09:00PM by AndrewBCN.
April 12, 2015 05:12AM
Forgot about the dxf file. The measurement is 17mm for any one that is curious.

I guess that is true about gravity keeping the z axis down.

Will maybe make a redesign for the copper TR8*8 but I have then
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login