Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Tech Prusa i3 -- Z axis not moving

Posted by Gizmo222 
Folger Tech Prusa i3 -- Z axis not moving
April 14, 2015 10:07PM
Hello everyone First time poster. (Sorry if wrong section)

So after building my Folger Tech Prusa I3 kit i have been able to get the x and y axis to move +, -

My z axis will not move thought when using repeater for manual control.
I have moved the motor connector from my x motor to the z and it will power the motor. This has be to believe i have missed something in my config.h

Also vfer are .35 for x,z the .55 for y
have swapped working x shield to z position to test for bad shield, but issue still happening

i am using:
- Marlin_RAMPS_EPOCS_i3
- Arduino mega 2560 R3
- Ramps 1.4
- Nema 17

If any one could point me in the right direction to getting my z axis moving it would be greatly appreciated.

My config.h---------------Config.h

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2015 01:54AM by Gizmo222.
Re: Folger Tech Prusa i3 -- Z axis not moving
April 15, 2015 10:45AM
I just finished building mine and was having similar issues. if you look at the activity log in repetier (bottom of the screen with scrolling text) you might notice a message when you try to move it, if you do that's your first clue. it usually says something about endstop, it could be that your endstop is set backwards or needs to be inverted, also could be the direction of the motor as in #define INVERT_Z_DIR true try setting it to false. I don't remember which one was the cure to my problem. The first thing I tried was disabling the endstops to test moving back and forth, set it to the home position and sent gcode @isathome to make that my xyz home. Sorry I can't help more but I just finished my build a couple of days ago!
April 15, 2015 11:02AM
I was fighting with the end stop two nights ago, and have been able to get this them to respond. I'm going to try your other suggestion right after i send this
April 15, 2015 04:17PM
After trying your recommendation still no movement within the z axis. I also read on a thread that disabling the course end stop setting could help, but also did not eliminate the issue of no movement in z axis
April 21, 2015 05:02PM
I have resolved the issue. And it was with a faulty shield 1.4 and mega 2560 that was delivered by Folger tech.
Let's hope they can send me a replacement or something since it was a faulty part on them

After ordering a new shield 1.4 and mega 2560 from Amazon zaxis is now working. If anyone would like the link to the one I have ordered please let me know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login