Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quest for the perfect print!

Posted by Slaghton 
Quest for the perfect print!
October 24, 2015 12:09AM
Ok so I just finished setting up and calibrating my folger tech printer today but it looks like I still have a bit of calibrating left to do but its really close. It seems though that there is some axis thats off or is shifted over that you can see in the picture.

I think it got better after I tightened the x axis belt but maybe I need to tighten it a bit more? I have the all axis steps calibrated pretty close.

Other then the chin overhang failing and the the weird shift in the print you don't see its coming along nicely.

(You can't see it in the picture but there is something noticable like the stickman going on with the head. Its kinda like one side is shifted back and other is shifted forward. I'll figure it out eventually though!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2015 04:31AM by Slaghton.
Re: Quest for the perfect print!
October 24, 2015 12:53AM
Slaghton
Ok so I just finished setting up and calibrating my folger tech printer today but it looks like I still have a bit of calibrating left to do but its really close. It seems though that there is some axis thats off or is shifted over that you can see in the picture.

I think it got better after I tightened the x axis belt but maybe I need to tighten it a bit more? I have the all axis steps calibrated pretty close.

Other then the chin overhang failing and the the weird shift in the print you don't see its coming along nicely

I am not sure that this is the problem, but the X axis rods do kinda slide back and forth a bit in their sockets, or at least on my printer, so if your printer does that too, they may be slipping and causing a slight shift. Also, your X and Y motors should be set to 80 steps/mm and your Z axis should be at 4800 steps/mm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2015 12:55AM by Mach.
Re: Quest for the perfect print!
October 24, 2015 04:28AM
Hmm no slipping on mine thankfully and yeah I got my motors close to the right numbers. I think x y is something like 83.27 / 80.89. I did try making a bunch of stickman using higher and lower numbers +/- 5 just to see what happened but it didn't seem to affect the odd shift. It did get a lot better when I increased tension back on the x axis belt because a ziptie had come loose though. (The stickman on the right were made with the belt more tensed.

Edit: Oh, it could be my bed actually. Its a bit uneven since atm im using a plexiglass sheet as a cold bed to print abs in till my bora glass comes in the mail. (the plexiglass dips down in the middle so i stuck afew sheets of thin cardboard underneath. Cold bed so its fine)

Latest cube print. 2 sides on opposite sides are a bit rough.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2015 08:02AM by Slaghton.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login