Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help Troubleshooting

Posted by Nasty1 
Help Troubleshooting
December 25, 2015 11:40AM
I got a Prusa i3 Dual from Max Micron. via 3dprinteronlinestore.

this has a omkqn sn04-n auto bed level sensor
250mm x 250mm aluminum bed
17HD40005-22B Busheng steppers.
Red Control Board, says MPX-3

Im using Simplify3d gcode program. this has helped me the most with trying to get my prints correct. but I think the hardware that I'm using is not adequate.

First problem I noticed was trying to print ABS, the bed temp would not get above 75C. So I wired the bed to 24v and ordered a 24v 15a power supply.
This worked good/not great to get the bed temp up. I'm now able to hold a 110C bed temp with insulation installed under the bed.

Prior to installing the 24v power supply, the PLA prints seemed to print good. (not great)
With the 24V power supply, I'm starting to get prints that are Layer shifting. sometimes during a print the X will go to the end stop then go back to printing. skipping a few lines in the print.

The extrude temp is having a hard time staying stable in the beginning of the print.
What can I use as a temp sensing medium for the hot end, to ensure good contact ?
Is there a control board programming perimeter that will monitor this temp setting faster ?
How can I find out what software is on the control board, and what do I need to adjust settings.

I ordered new steppers that will have 83.6 ozin to replace the weak steppers that I'm using now.

Should I run the 24v power supply for the bed heater only ? and use the 12v for the control board and extruders ? the 12v PS is only 15a.

Auto bed leveling....... I attached a glass 200x200 3mm sheet to the aluminum bed via drilling holes and mounting it with bolts and washers,
Now that this is installed the sensor drives the Z into the bed because it cannot sense the bed, "maybe the glass is too thick," So I ordered a PEI sheet. hope to solve this issue.
but without the glass board does not seem to have the proper programming installed for this feature, it only acts as if it was a normal mechanical switch, and does not check different points on the bed.

It would be nice to get the auto level bed working properly, every time I start a new print the bed height/auto home need to be re-set, very annoying and very time consuming.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login