Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

calibration

Posted by jonbroadfoot 
calibration
January 17, 2016 03:36PM
Hey guys,

I am trying to calibrate my xyand z axis. I grab the steps per mm from marlin and then move each axis from pronterface so I can see how far they travel. When I hit move 100mm it move way to far and runs into the other side of the machine. No matter what value I put in for steps per mm it move the same distance. Any suggestions on how to calibrate it?
Re: calibration
January 18, 2016 01:55PM
Have you installed the microstepping jumpers under the stepper drivers? If you don't put those in, your printer will move exactly 8, 16, or 32 times farther than it should be.
Try moving 1mm instead, if if it moves 8, 16, or 32mm then you will know what your problem is
January 18, 2016 10:04PM
what do you mean by micro stepping jumpers? I was unaware that I needed these.
January 19, 2016 07:14AM
So there should be little black clips under the stepper driver. You should do some googling on "microstepping" to find out exactly what they do, but in short they are just acting as a switch telling the stepper driver what mode to be in. If you lift up your stepper driver and see six pins then you need to add the little jumpers. If you don't have the jumpers then you can VERY carefully make a solder bridge between the pairs, that works too.
January 19, 2016 07:15AM
It took me 2 weeks to figure out what was wrong with my printer when I forgot them smiling smiley
January 27, 2016 05:52PM
When I put the jumpers on my ramps board, the arduino is no longer visible when I plug it into the computer. Like it is shutting it down and it won't work. Any suggestions?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login