Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello! First couple prints and questions!

Posted by Tripydevin 
Hello! First couple prints and questions!
January 26, 2016 12:50AM
Hey guys. I purchased a Hesine 3D printer recently and got it all assembled. It's working pretty great I gotta say, for the price!
I've searching constantly around the web and really cant find much info about this guy. I bought a cheap first printer to get the feel for it and I really wanted to assemble one on my own. I'm hoping to in future build a better one.

[drive.google.com]
[drive.google.com]

The maple leaf was my first ever print. The other print is this CUBES

The only issues I've really had so far is a little bit of issue finding the right tape to use, the stuff it came with works great, although.. a little too great. It can be hard to get off.
I purchased some green painters tape to test out, but it wont adhere. I did find some tape whiteish painters tape from Canadian Tire, called Cantech. It was working great, but recently my prints started coming off. Any recommendations for good tape?

My major concern is that my dimensional accuracy is off. Those cubes measure 5.4mm on x/y axis and 5.04mm on Z. I'm pretty happy with Z axix, can really ask for much more.
From all the reading I've done I believe that adjusting the steps per mm is the solution, but I don't have the firmware that came with the printer. It came preinstalled. I've tried to find a matching bored but no luck. I believe it to be a Marlin board, but all the pictures I've seen haven't looked the same as mine. Sorry about the terrible picture, I'm printing a spool holder right now and I don't want to move the board!
[drive.google.com]

I've been thinking about updating the firmware so I can make adjustments, the controls on the lcd screen are quite limited. My only concern is that I wont be able to get the printer functioning properly again and I don't have a backup of the current firmware. I've tried to get it from the manufacturer but so far no luck.

I plan to make a tensioner for the x belt, but trying to solve my dimension issue before trying to print a new z axis bracket with built in tensioner
Any advice to improve my print quality or suggestions for firmware issues would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your time!

This is the printer:
[www.aliexpress.com]
I've been modeling in Sketchup and slicing in Cura.
I've read sketchup isn't the greatest, but I'm not sure why.

Thanks again eh!

Thanks, eh
Re: Hello! First couple prints and questions!
January 26, 2016 01:44PM
There a few changes you would need to make to the configuration.h file from a fresh install of Marlin.
It's not that hard and something that should be learnt (IMHO).

Also based on the pulley type and number of teeth you can use this calculator to get the correct values for X and Y steps and also Z step values:
[prusaprinters.org]

Extrusion values are manually calculated.

The other values depend on your end stop placements etc

Depending on where you are there may be a Hackspace/Makerspace where you could also get help with this.

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 01:45PM by SteveRoy.
January 29, 2016 12:33AM
I'm trying to find out what kind of board this is so I can put new firmware on it. Any ideas?
January 30, 2016 05:08PM
The Hesine printer has a Melzi board. It is Ardunio compatible, but I am having to look up information about it also. I am pretty sure that it has Marlin firmware.
The Hesine 505 is being sold on eBay as a Omni M-505, and I have run into some odd problems with this printer myself. Actually some of the things that I expected to be a problem while assembling the kit has turned out OK. But new problems have developed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login