Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Geetech i3 pro c dual extruder - is it a good.buy?

Posted by Gitoffame 
Geetech i3 pro c dual extruder - is it a good.buy?
January 30, 2016 07:53AM
Hello,
I've been wanting to get into 3d printing since I learned of its existence, and I think that may finally be financially feasible for me.

The criteria that I'm most firm on are a budget ceiling of about $400, and I'm looking for a multi-extruder setup.

The Geetech i3 pro c, like this one: http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=171970236917 fit that criteria on paper, but I was hoping I could hear from someone that's tried it out and hear their thoughts on it. Any recommendations for other models that would fit that criteria would of course be welcome as well. 400 bucks is a lot of money to me right now, so I'm being cautious about buying.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Re: Geetech i3 pro c dual extruder - is it a good.buy?
January 30, 2016 04:49PM
I made the mistake of purchasing this Geeetech Prusa i3 Pro C Duel printer as my 1st printer last fall. I was never able to get it to operate properly mainly due to my lack of knowledge. Twin nozzles double the things to learn. I just purchased a cheap single nozzle kit and assembled it. I realize now that it easier to learn with a single nozzle, and then work your way up.

As a matter of knowledge, Geeetech has a large blog with lots of help files with lots of people who try to help you. But my Geeetech Prusa i3 Pro C Duel is sitting unused until I figure out how to make it run properly. I suspect certain issues with it, but I am also learning.

Look at it this way, a single nozzle is cheaper then duel nozzles and you can always upgrade.
January 31, 2016 02:00PM
Thanks, that's good to know. Disappointing to hear, but exactly the kind of first-hand account I was looking for. What kind of problems did you hàve with it?
Is adding a second extruder to a unit a feasible option, or is that pretty much always a complete replacement? I have a couple ideas I want to produce that would benefit greatly from that, such as flexible and rigid material combinations, and I'm also very interested in the idea if using soluble filament for supports and things like that.
February 01, 2016 09:16AM
Another question for anyone that may know; is there generally a difference in performance between the prusa and rostock style printers?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login