Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some Advice Please

Posted by Zorren 
Some Advice Please
January 23, 2016 06:06AM
Hi I'm really new to this and read a lot of the instructions but was hoping i could get some advice in improving my prints I've been a little apprehensive about adjusting my firmware as i brought a kit that worked pretty much straight out of the box I've included some pictures of one of the models i printed out so you can see what problems i'm having..

This was printed through cura 15.04 with a 40% fill which is why i think i ended up with the big hole in his head, My feeling is that i'm going to need to re-flash the firmware to improve it but whated to see what people advised first
Re: Some Advice Please
January 23, 2016 09:55AM
Have you calibrated the extruder and printed a test cube to see if your settings are correct in configuration.h?

Folger Tech 2020 i3 and FT-5 as well as modified JGAurora A5 with direct drive E3D/Titan. All running the BLTOUCH.
Great kits. Having fun and running the heck out of them.
Running Marlin 1.1.0 RC8 on the i3 and FT5. Custom firmware on A5.
Folger Tech Wiki board >[folgertech.wikia.com]
January 23, 2016 04:18PM
No i haven't I will try that tomorrow thank you ..
January 24, 2016 04:36PM
Ok i printed a cube 2cm in size and as for the size they are perfect its just the quality that seems a issue, i think my extruder mech is alittle week but has no adjustment on it so may have to sort a new/better one but not sure what to look for on that front.. slowing the print right down seem to make a big difference too but cura doesn't seem to be effecting the speed just the knob on the screen ..
January 28, 2016 03:51AM
Ok my latest load of test have improved the printer alot

1st i've removed the spring that the heat bed is supported by and made it alot more solid this has given me much more smoother edges,

2nd thing is my machine won't take speed settings from Cura so i have to turn the speed down when it prints on the machine

Stuff I still need to check

I think I need a 2nd fan for cooling the object being printed i have a old cpu fan for my next test running of a usb cable to try and i'm going to pop down my local electrical store and see if they have a small one with the right plug so ic an mount one on the head
February 04, 2016 01:23PM
OK i'm still having some issues could anyone tell me if this is to much heat printing in PLA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login