Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MIGBOT Prusa I3 MKS Ver 1.2 Migbot Can it work With Win 10

Posted by printrguruh 
MIGBOT Prusa I3 MKS Ver 1.2 Migbot Can it work With Win 10
February 25, 2016 11:18AM
Have a Migbot Prusa I3 that has a MKS BASE Ver 1.2 controller. It worked under Win XP Pro, But Can anyone provide info on getting it to work with Windows 10 with proper drivers for USB and Arduino???? have read a lot of frustration and tried this..but or no it can't work!

Can anyone point me to or provide the solution. My old XP Pro Laptop that worked is dead. And, I really have not found a clear path for making the Migbot work under Windows 10 on the new laptop.
Ax
Re: MIGBOT Prusa I3 MKS Ver 1.2 Migbot Can it work With Win 10
February 27, 2016 04:06PM
You're more likely to get an answer in the Migbot support thread, we're a nice bunch over there tongue sticking out smiley However, you need the FTDI driver from here or you can download it directly from this link
February 29, 2016 08:42AM
Ax,
Thanks! The issue to date has been the unsigned drivers among other things. Are there any footnotes you care to share or is it a straight manual install?
Ax
March 03, 2016 04:09PM
printrguruh
Ax,
Thanks! The issue to date has been the unsigned drivers among other things. Are there any footnotes you care to share or is it a straight manual install?

Pass, I don't run Windows (Linux User), but for all intents and purposes, it's just a straight install. It may also help to install Arduino IDE if you've not already, as if that driver doesn't fix it, Arduino IDE will install the correct driver.
March 03, 2016 05:14PM
Thank you for the reply. Will be setting additional time aside to revisit Arduino IDE again as well. Issue is Which Version? When the problems initially started with XP end of life and Java upgrade issues when all was doing so well. Things just seemed to go further down hill and I jumped from the frying pan into the fire with the new 8.1 laptop PC which went to Win 10. Before I go in any further direction I thought it appropriate more research (another couple of pounds of flesh) was due before dumping 10 and reloading XP Pro. Should be simple and straight forward. But with apparently no signed drivers, 8 and 10 don't like it.

Have since read much about installing unsigned drivers/legacy device drivers.... and there are many If...then and reading further.... there are many that ultimately didn't work either replies. So rather than trying shot gunning a bunch or reinventing, I need to put more flesh in the machine. This USB driver stuff.... Should be simple. I am probably too far in the woods counting pine needles.

Again, Thanks! I feel sure there is a simple pathway answer. I read one that indicated simply install a specific modem Driver on the designated com port of a certain speed. I admit that should work. But have not tried it yet. Some of what I tried should work but it doesn't link with the MKS board or the speed is wrong so I can't get to the controller. Kind of a catch 22...
Ax
March 04, 2016 01:28PM
For IDE, I tend to recommend 1.0.5 as the later versions seem to have a bit of an issue with Marlin. As for unsigned drivers and Windows, I was an IT Systems Engineer (Windows and Linux) until recently, and tbh you're making a mountain out of a Molehill, you don't need to worry about unsigned drivers as it's mainly Micro$oft trying to make more money from Software companies. You should be able to install the driver I linked above without issue, even if it is unsigned. I'd suggest you take time to read the Migbot support thread, yes, all 40-odd pages. Also there's a Migbot Wiki Page which is worth a look.

I have 4 of these printers, highly upgraded and use them to print commercially, but in the end they're still Migbots, so I know most of their quirks, any issues, give me a yell.
March 04, 2016 03:32PM
Ax,

I am most grateful for your reply. I sincerely appreciate your candor. After having spent a ton of time trying to bring back the fully functional Migbot setup on an XP Pro laptop that I mistakenly tried to upgrade IDE (which really went down hill), I felt it prudent to move to a updated laptop under 8.1. Hindsight says perhaps I should have stayed and worked it out. That being said, I am where I am and will continue with your advise. Will post as progress is made or, if additional insight is needed.

Again, Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login