Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto bed leveling. Impossible to get it to work fine:

Posted by Deividmaxx 
Auto bed leveling. Impossible to get it to work fine:
August 09, 2015 10:52AM
Hello people,

I'm working on my Prusa i3 to modify it adding a second extruder and also the auto leveling using a servo and endstop.
This is the result:

Ok, let's go with the problems:
I've looked at lots of tutorials, videos, etc., setting all the parameters according to my printer, all the offsets, definitions, etc. I attach my config.h and the config_adv.h because I changed the associated pins to my fans extruders.
I´m using Repetier_host and the ultimate version of stable marlin. The extrusor_0 is the right e3d, when the x-axis goes home, is in position 0 in the x axis leaving the extrusor_1 to his left with a negative offset. With both extruders get to use the entire width of the printing area. All this is informative, in case influences in the problems.

These are the problems:
I use the G28 command to home all axes including z, which moves to the center of the bed, up a bit the extruders and performing a single measure. Here I find that the lcd shows the positions in the x-axis, y-axis and z-axis, which shows that the extruder is in the middle of the table and at a certain height. However in Repetier-Host put that all axes are in position 0.
Then I run the G29 command, going the x-axis carriage to the position of the first measuring point, down a few millimeters instead of up, and then down lowing the arm without leaving enough space so that it is no positioned well in the measurement position, so I have to manually press to prevent breakage. And the rest of the measuring points are made without problems.

But, this is where the biggest problem occurs, in the printer LCD shows the values of x, y, z axis which I think are real, but in the register of repetier host a value of 0 is shown on the x-axis and in the y axis; and the z value on the lcd is diferent in a few millimeters. And as repetier showed values of 0 in the x and y axis, it not allow me to move those axes to the minimum positions.

Oh, also on the LCD and the Repetier-Host appear the message "z endstop hit". The truth is that I don´t know why this message appear, I checked the configuration of the endstops, besides the connection and are equal to all other endstops of that work equal. :|

I tried using Pronterface resulting in the same mistakes for wrong or different values as well as the message "endstop hit: z". I've also tried some changes I found in my long hours trying to find a solution to all these problems, and found a firmware with the G29 command modified, but it did not help my problems persisted.

Later I'll upload a photo or text showing Repetier-Host log.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (35.2 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (21.2 KB)
open | download - pins.h (79.2 KB)
Re: Auto bed leveling. Impossible to get it to work fine:
August 12, 2015 05:18AM
I fixed the problem of the error message "endstop hit z" adding a couple of lines of code in marlin. I have also ensured that Repetier show me the values shown on the LCD of the printer after running the commands G28 and G29.

Now I can work with auto leveling.

But I found another problem: when the second extruder reaches the temperatura I put, the servo jerks a lot especially when turned back on to maintain the temperature. I have tried using PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY but not solve anything because when the extruder reaches the temperature makes the servo go down to the measuring position and it jerk too.
Re: Auto bed leveling. Impossible to get it to work fine:
March 17, 2016 01:44PM
Hi Deividmaxx.
Would you please elaborate on how you fixed the Z value that is different on repetier and the LCD? I have the same problem! My LCD shows -0.13, repetier shows 0.32!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login