Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot Read M92 Values from ANET A8B

Posted by dchapma1 
Cannot Read M92 Values from ANET A8B
June 02, 2016 11:40AM
Hi all,

I am new to 3D printing and new to the forums. I purchased an inexpensive 3D printer and have it up and running. It is a Black Acrylic frame clone that uses a square red circuit board labeled ANET V1.0.

I have been reading about fine tuning the stepper motors and in one of the guides I have it indicates to send the command M501 and the printer should echo back a bunch of settings including the current values for M92. This printer takes the command but only returns a few lines to the log and I cannot read the M92 settings.

It does report back FIRMWARE_NAME:Repetier_ [omni3d.com] PROTOCOL_VERSION 1.0 MACCHINE_TYPE:Mendel EXTRUDER_COUNT:1 REPETIER_PROTOCOL:2

The listed website is all in Chinese and useless - even with Google translation.

Any guidance on how to check the M92 settings or any guidance at all for this printer.

Thanks,
Don
Re: Cannot Read M92 Values from ANET A8B
June 04, 2016 06:29AM
Nobody huh?
June 04, 2016 07:15AM
nope.. you brought a completely un supported rip off machine from a company that gives nothing back to the reprap community and just expects us to support it....

Sounds like they have modified the firmware.

Your screwed! (unless you can find appropriate setting to flash a clean unmodified firmware onto it)

I have heard of people doing this, but the buttons on the LCD are not supported, its something custom they did.

Read threw [forums.reprap.org]

List a source of their firmware, so maybe you can fix it....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2016 08:31AM by Dust.
June 04, 2016 09:49AM
Well, who knew. I am new to all of this so your comment about what I purchased is a little harsh and I expect no one to support anything. And I did not have $500 or more to spend on a real printer.

Anyway, after further reading it appears that Repetier / Config / FIRMWARE EEPROM Configuration does read the current config and according to the Repetier user manual it will also save that config back to EEPROM as the echos I am seeing come from the printer indicate that it will. It is Repetier based firmware as I indicated

So it does look like there is a solution.

Thanks,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login