Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis don"t move

Posted by Asynchrone 
Z axis don"t move
August 07, 2016 08:06AM
Hello,

I'm french so my english is bad, hope you will understand my problem winking smiley

I receved my Prusa I3 (rework 1.5) two days ago. I build it without problem so I started the test part.
All works fine except Z motors, they won't move !

So i tested there motors: Theys works (I plugged them in Y driver)
Driver (Z) work : I swap Y and Z driver, Y still work.
Wires are ok : all works except Z motors (but they ares plugged of curse)

I use "Repeter Hort" to drive my printer. When i try to move manualy my Z axis, nothing move but I feel like a small vibration in the motor but only when i change Z position the first time i connect the printer.

I also check the "marlin" and change some values, I try:
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 2, 25} // (mm/sec) >> Tested with {500, 500, 5, 25}
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK 0.4 // (mm/sec) >> Tested with 1.0

That not work sad smiley

Any idea ?

Asynchrone

Adress to french post:
[forums.reprap.org]
Re: Z axis don"t move
August 07, 2016 09:53AM
Sending m119 will tell you how your endstops are. If endstop is configured wrong, your axis will not move. Also you need to tell the firmware which endstop it is. MIN or MAX and which way is the home, MIN or MAX.
I'd recommend using Pronterface, as it displays debug data from the printer. Not sure if repetier shows it.

Also, have you done Vref calibration from the stepper driver potentiometers?
0.5V - 1V should be Ok for other motors, but Z has two motors so it needs a bit more. Maybe 1V - 1.3V??

If endstops are correct, then give it more power from the stepper driver. You need a multimeter to measure from ground pin and from the potentiometer.
When you print something, feel the motors if they are warm. If they are warm, turn the Vref down slightly and print something else.
When the motors feel lukewarm during print it should be Ok.
August 10, 2016 03:18PM
I send m199 and console tell me:
21:09:29.302 : x_min: open
21:09:29.305 : y_min: open
21:09:29.305 : z_min: open

So my endstop are all good. I tried with repetier and Pronterface i got the same results.

All my motors haves 1.44V in Vref ! (too much ?)
And I've checked the voltage in Y and Z motors (i check on the card into the pins), same results in they two axis ... I still not understand why they don't move, everythings seems good !!!!!
August 15, 2016 02:21PM
I find that the stock values are way too high, even 2 may be too high.

Try this:

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, .5, 25}
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login