Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HICTOP Prusa i3 Z zeroes fine but raises when printing

Posted by fadingfastfc 
HICTOP Prusa i3 Z zeroes fine but raises when printing
September 02, 2016 02:31AM
Hi guys,
I have a HICTOP Prusa i3 desktop auto leveling printer kit from Amazon. The build went well and everything technically works. So far, I've been having a hell of a time with getting it printing it successfully. I have the Z height set correctly, so when homed there is light drag on a piece of printer paper under it. The bed is leveled as well. I'm using Repetier Host to control and Slic3r. I can't figure out what is happening here. I do not have a Z-offset configured in Slic3r. When I start the print, all the axes home correctly. However when the print begins, the print head then raises quite a bit. It just dumps filament out, it's never close enough to the bed to start the first layer. I cannot figure out what is causing this!

Here is a video I filmed showing this happening:
[www.youtube.com]

For some reason I'm not extruding when printing now, though testing the extruder through manual control works fine. I think I screwed up something in Slic3r settings causing the extruder to stop, or it may be too slow. Any ideas on that? If not, I'll figure out the extruder thing.

Thanks for any help guys!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login