Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with Prusa i3 m-505 A8 bed & extruder temps

Posted by MiniMfg 
Help with Prusa i3 m-505 A8 bed & extruder temps
October 09, 2016 05:18PM
Hi, Just finished assembling above name printer. I've worked my way through many issues but at this point I'm having issue with temps.

I'm attempting to perform the very first print.

When I hit Start print, The extruder temp begins to climb and I've let it go as high as 286. I'm really not sure if the screen is showing c degrees or F degrees.

Anyway; even at 286 the bed temp hasn't yet moved. The default extruder temp is at 200 and default bed temp is at 55c. I have the ext. max set at 175 and the bed max at 110. Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Tony
Re: Help with Prusa i3 m-505 A8 bed & extruder temps
October 10, 2016 07:43PM
Is anyone out there willing to help?
T3D
October 11, 2016 06:21AM
Hi,
I'm kind of a newbie but i can give you some stuff to get sarted with.
First does your bed heat alone or not at all?
If it does that could be an issue due to your power suplly not being powerfull enough. I believe 250w is needed. If that part is right it may come from the section of your heatbed wires. They need to be quite strong. If you dig around in the topics you'll find what it is suppose to be.
Second you seem to have a problem with your firmware. Did you install it yourself? Is your printer from a china or is it a bit more fancy (makerbot etc...)? Same there's few topics discussing of how to set up you eeprom and so on.

Again i'm a newbie myself so i can only help you to narrow the problem.
Good luck.
October 12, 2016 02:05PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I went over the whole build again and found that I had the bed plugged into the socket on the board. I've got the machine working but other issues have arisen. I'm going to try a new post and hope for some timely help. Thanks again.
October 18, 2016 12:43AM
All repraps use the sane measurement of Celsius
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login