Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Odd Z Homing Behavior

Posted by matthewsjl 
Odd Z Homing Behavior
November 15, 2016 09:33AM
Hi there - I've got a ZoneStar P802M and am trying to upgrade to the latest Repetier firmware (0.92.9). This is in an effort to get auto-leveling enabled in firmware. I haven't installed the autolevel probe as yet so still want to trigger on the Z min stop.

Everything is OK aside from some very odd Z homing behavior. If I trigger the Z homing, this is what happens:
- Z starts to move down
- hits the Z end stop switch
- Z moves back up away from the end stop switch the prescribed amount
- Z reverses and moves towards the end switch
- [at this point the homing should be complete once the end switch is triggered......]
- Once the Z axis hits the end switch, the z motors increase speed and keep moving down towards the bed (bad, bad, bad)

I'm starting with the generic P802M Configuration.h and only tweaking for the auto-level. I've tried various combinations of the end stop switch (NO, NC etc. - and making sure that the switch is registering correctly).

Any clues as to what is making the Z axis head towards the bed after the end stop is triggered?

Thanks,

John.
Re: Odd Z Homing Behavior
November 17, 2016 02:28AM
Only thing that comes to mind is you have a Z min endstop and you have configured it in firmware as Zmax..

after homing it then tries to go to 0 away from the max position, in your case threw the board
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login