Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapGura V2 build issues

Posted by Raged Maniac 
RepRapGura V2 build issues
November 07, 2019 02:13PM
just purchased a RepRapguru Prusa i3 v2 acrylic printer and it seems many of the parts are not what are being shown in the build videos i have found. many like the extruder assembly are nothing like what the videos show. Anyone know where or have any updated videos or other files with these changed parts included? I only seem to have version 1 of them which shows an acrylic bed instead of the aluminum one which I have along with many other parts that do not look anything like the videos including the extruder assembly which has a different extruder and is not assembled and almost all the parts are different than shown. Leaving me more confused that when I started, this is only my second 3d printer build as my first was a Creality Ender 3 Pro which was much different to build than this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2019 02:14PM by Raged Maniac.
Re: RepRapGura V2 build issues
November 08, 2019 02:49AM
You just bought a piece of junk.
Send it back, get reimbursed and if not possible destroy it to avoid entering a world of pain !

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
November 08, 2019 04:33AM
I agree with MKSA

Acrylic printers are crap

They crack
They split
They warp

Send it back!
November 08, 2019 08:46AM
Not sure if you even understand the reason for the post but it has nothing to do with the acrylic, its build problems with the matching mechanical parts that I am having an problem with, The acrylic parts are irrelevant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 08:48AM by Raged Maniac.
November 08, 2019 11:47AM
Don't worry, I understood. You were "confused" ? Your first step in the world of pain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 01:17PM by MKSA.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
November 08, 2019 08:40PM
Uh no, I don't get confused, I work through issues that come up with answers from them and the acrylics are not part of those issues . I've Solved 98% of the problems I was having with this printer by just studying the parts and going through available documents, videos and asking around. Then working with the seller who is even going to send me and additional version 1 at their cost for the troubles, so with 2 DIY kits I am almost 99% sure i will have no more issues finishing up 1 printer and in time I know I will get the 2nd one up and running. Sure glad I didn't have to rely on help only from here to get this done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 08:42PM by Raged Maniac.
November 08, 2019 08:47PM
You miss understand, you will have issues in the future, lots of them. all due to having an acrylic frame.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login