Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tuning Whilst Printing

Posted by Know Fear 
Tuning Whilst Printing
August 23, 2015 10:38AM
Hi All

I'm new on here so please forgive if this as already been asked ( i couldn't find anything).

My question is about tuning whilst printing. I am using Cura to open my STL file and and send to printer but once printing I can tune from the printer itself. If I increase the Speed will this automatically increase the Flow or do I need to increase this by the same amount?

Regards

Know Fear
Re: Tuning Whilst Printing
August 23, 2015 12:23PM
Yes, you can, either just turning the lcd knob or adjust the speed the % slider then press send at pronterface, I'm sure there's any in repetier too
August 23, 2015 01:22PM
Hi Sarf2K4

Yes in understand that but does it increase the speed and flow at the same time?
August 23, 2015 05:50PM
Yes it does, however, do note that there are limitation to your hot end and extruder too how fast your extruder can push and how fast your hot end can melt the plastic.

The parameters you used during slicing is the default means at 1 or 100% speed in FR (feed/flow rate?) on the lcd panel, lower means slower and vice versa.

Frankly, I only used this twice, increasing the speed, didn't see any defects, I only tried it on normal cubes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login