Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Autolevel - Micro Servo Issue

Posted by bblokey 
Autolevel - Micro Servo Issue
September 14, 2015 05:51PM
Wanted to get others opinion on an issue I have been having with my Folgertech Kossel 2020 and autolevel micro servo. When I send the M280 P0 S5 or S120 commands, the arm will not move and if I apply a bit of pressure on it then the servo moves. I already have an the servo on a 7805 voltage regulator since the boards could not supply enough power. So, I have a few questions:

1. Does it sound like the servo is giving out or is out already?

2. Should I switch to a Inductive Proximity Sensor Switch instead?
Re: Autolevel - Micro Servo Issue
September 17, 2015 08:26AM
I'm having the same issue, using ramps 1.4 to drive servo, but it's not working, before plugging it to the ramps 1.4 I tested it with my arduino uno and it works, currently I didn't test it after plugging it to ramps 1.4.

I think there's a bit of problem in marlin or something,

I can only answer your second question, I tried using inductive sensor, If you already have aluminum bed, you can just use the inductive sensor, I tried to use the inductive before and the sensor somewhat brushing with the printed parts. Aluminum being with less conductive with other stuffs but won't rust, the detection range have been reduced to 2mm, which is quite short for my own opinion.

For me, I would go for capacitive sensor, acts the same way as inductive and the range are much longer and able to detect other surfaces as well at the cost of fatter barrel

Update accordance to controlling the servo in ramps 1.4:

Actually there's another 2 pin you need to connect to the left of the reset button, connect both pin labeled 5v and vcc via jumper or anything that's suitable to supply power to the servo pins there. I got mine working fine and there's no jerking after initial movement (not tested on pronterface yet but it moves a bit when printer powered up). I'll go for servo compared to inductive although bit more complex but on a bed that is tilted a lot, it is suitable compared to inductive at 2mm range especially on my groove mount, it is about 50mm to the left of the head, quite far from it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2015 07:53PM by sarf2k4.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login