Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How does this hotend/wade extruder go together (P3Steel/Prusa)

Posted by paulhurleyuk 
How does this hotend/wade extruder go together (P3Steel/Prusa)
December 20, 2015 04:07PM
I'm building a P3Steel

I've bought a P3Steel Prusa i3 derivative, and am assembling it, even though the instructions are a bit slim (non existent). I've got most of the way through, but I'm a little stuck with attaching the hot end to the extruder. ( I've started the build.)

I've got a Wade style extruder which is assembled, and a 1.75mm E3D 'style' clone hotend. The Hot end has a metal heatsink that has a 1.75mm ish hole at the top but nothing else. The kit includes a short piece of plastic tube (polypropylene maybe, deffo not PTFE) that has an angled cut. I suspect this is supposed to go between the hobbed bolt and the top of the extruder, but I'm not sure, and if it is supposed to go in there, its currently 3mm too long, so would like to know what length it should be, whether it should be slanted and if so, which way round ?

P3Steel Build

P3Steel Build

Paul.
--
Paul Hurley
www.paulhurley.co.uk
Re: How does this hotend/wade extruder go together (P3Steel/Prusa)
December 21, 2015 02:35AM
I think you cut the tube flush with the hot end.
December 21, 2015 09:51PM
You need a bracket, like pictured below...

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
December 22, 2015 03:55AM
Mine attached without a bracket. The aluminum fins go up into the black round hole, and the two screws below the wades gears holds the aluminum in.
December 23, 2015 08:58AM
I ordered a bracket like the one showed, but my extruder didn't have mounting holes for it so I just stuck it in the hole and secured it with two screws. I don't like this way will switch to the plate. I'm just going to drill some holes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login