Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstop Wiring

Posted by BiHardwood 
Endstop Wiring
December 13, 2020 03:18AM
I am trying to revive an old Folgertech Pusa style printer.
I don't find the specific firmware for it, so I am doing some changes that involve the endstops.
the original one were, except the Z one, positioned at the end of the run, but , for need of space and a better hardware configuration I placed them at the minus position, the starting of the run.
now the problem is that the original endstop had 3 cables, including the positive end...and I already burnt two Mega trying to connect them and making the machine working.
I have a i3Pro x Geeetch, that has, now, the same configuration, but not the board ( GT2560), where the endstops need only two wires, the Ground and the Signal.
At this point I have two option, or change the endstop and install the ones with two wires only, and use the firmware , I think, of the i3Pro X on the Folgertech, or figure out how to manage the issue of the 3 wires endstops.....the question is, because I don't have the necessary skill for to figure out the changes in the configuation.h, what changes have I to do to the Endstops- Mechanical Setting section of the Marlin?
I only have one Megaboard ( two fried) remaining, and I need to be sure that when I will power the machine, I will not smell anymore that smoke...thanks for any help...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2020 03:19AM by BiHardwood.
Re: Endstop Wiring
December 20, 2020 11:52PM
usually you only need to use 2 of the 3 wires for the endstop switches. Atleast that has been my experience with my Folgertech Framed printer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login