Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Did I damage my LCD screen?

Posted by PatrickMakesStuff 
Did I damage my LCD screen?
March 11, 2021 07:55PM
Hello forum members,

I am a newbie to RepRap machines and CNC in general, so please forgive my ignorance and let me know where I can provide more information.

I have two printers with issues right now. One is a Anycubic Kossel (delta printer), the other is a Monoprice Select Maker V2 (i3 clone). This post focuses on my Monoprice.

The short of it is this: my Monoprice was basically stock and working perfectly. I bought the Kossel off Craigslist from a guy that had messed with the firmware-it was in nonworking condition and I could not get the screen to display anything but random bars and gibberish. While messing around I had the really bright idea to take the cover of the Monoprice off and plug its LCD screen into the Kossel. Now, after putting the Monoprice's screen back into place, it only displays the upper left quadrant-the rest of it is random bars or nothing at all.

I'd like to attach pictures to this post but I keep getting the error "413 Request Entity Too Large".

Did I damage something? Can this be fixed?

Thanks,
Patrick
Re: Did I damage my LCD screen?
March 18, 2021 11:55PM
depends on what you actually have done, do both have the same graph display chip (as far as i can see yes but better send some pics),
did you check plug directions,
is control, board of kossel not damaged ?
just swapping lcd without checking is not that smart !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login