Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maker Select V2 - New motherboard not compatible with LCD?

Posted by WhiteCheddar 
Maker Select V2 - New motherboard not compatible with LCD?
June 20, 2022 04:45PM
Full disclosure: I have no idea what I'm doing. I hope this is the right forum for this post. I'm a first year engineering student, and my co-op position offered me this old printer and said "if you can fix it, you can have it".

It's a Maker Select V2 with a Melzi Ardentissimo motherboard. I noticed the board was damaged, and so ordered a new one from Aliexpress - A Melzi2.0_V5 :

[www.aliexpress.com]

When connecting this new board to the LCD, the screen lights but displays nothing, regardless of all the printer outputs being connected and pressing the knob. I thought maybe the screen was damaged too (there was evidence of another co-op trying to fix it), so I ordered a new one:

[www.aliexpress.com]

Nope! new one behaves the same as the old one (one is V4 and one is V5). Then I found some evidence that the 2.0 version of this board is meant to connect to a screen that has a 5-button array rather than a knob:

[www.amazon.ca]

But I'm not sure if this matters. I've already put $80 into this and don't want to order any more parts until I'm sure they're needed. The printer itself is unresponsive. Perhaps I need to install firmware? If so, it will be a new challenge for me.

Any insight is much appreciated!

- Nicholas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login